• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Don't get me wrong it's not the students its the teachers. I 'mopped the floor' with a hell of a lot of what SAMA call 'black belts'. I'm not saying I am invincible and I am certainly not bull******* you. I never did the gradings as I did sport karate as a kid with the ECKA organisation and was basically a system of full contact karate thus it was much the same thing as kickboxing.

By the way kickboxing if you didn't know only has around 6 techniques. It has 3 punches wich is jab, cross, hook, and kicks wich consist of snap kick, push kick, and round house kick. Beleive me I'v been there.

All this bollocks of twirling around and jumping around like a balley dancer certainly isn't my idea of kickboxing and certainly not something which is effective as a combat sport.

This is just my opinion and just because I only did one grading means Jack****. .I went every week for 4 months so don't say you know more about SAMA than me.

It is a large profit-making-Organisation. It employs instructors who have as little as 3-4 years training and suddenly they have the right to be called Sensei which literally means 'Teacher of Life'. How can you call someone that probobly trains 1 hour a week for maybe 3 years a teacher of life! In one word it's ****.

By all means go to the organisation have FUN and do your kickboxing but don't expect to learn proper kickboxing let alone the karate and don't even get me started on the karate!

I'm sure there just might be some teachers out there but what they teach HAS to be within the SAMA sylabus so of course you gonna get the same reusults in karate and kickboxing wherether you go, thats why its an Organisation.

Unless of course the teacher isn't going by the sama code of "Producing total ****" and teaching his own method then yeah all the power to him.

Be Well

Edited by Eye of the Tiger

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you only did 3 kicks? 3 hand techniques? thats shit! and we dont call them sensei, we call our instructer by his name. i think what we have his is our clubs were different. my club is fine, its a good place. you seem to hate yours?

Iron Arahat,

don't get upset. please.

I never meant to insult your style... i haven't seen enough San Shou matches, but as i said, they few ones i saw, looked more like Thai Boxing ,

A few years ago, i went down to train with a man i knew he was doing Mantis kung Fu, he didn't had a school, he just teach in the Park for the pleasure to teach.

i took the class, he did a very traditional Kung fu class.. After the class I asked to spar with him.

I threw a punch to him, he did a side step grabbed my shoulder with one hand and my arm with the other using a "mantis" grab.. and sweep my legs, and on my butt i was on the floor.

I tried again, I tried to kick him and i swear i didn't saw him do nothing, and all of a sudden i only felt something hitting both of my legs and i fall on my back. and i say. "enough", lol :lol: A real man knows when to quit. lol

He took me out using traditonal kung Fu techniques, but happends that i haven't seen too much of those techniques used on the San Shou matches i've saw.

Well good. As long as you like it then thats fine. I'm just trying to worn. But what is a fact is that anywhere you do with an ORGANISATION is that it puts money first, Student later and that is they way it will always be. It doesn't matter how nice the teacher is he just wants you to pay , get the lesson over and go home.

Actually lets test the knowledge of your teacher on kickboxing.

Ask your teacher these questions and tell me what he said:

Ask him:

1. Where kickboxing came from

2. The theory behind techniques e.g why they use so many 'flowery techniques'

3. What the hell the American Kickboxing Academy is.

4. And finally the most important question ask him to demenstarte what kickboxing looks like. If you are going to ask him one question be it this one. I want you to note what is he doing when he demenstrating what kickboxing looks like. e.g. is he standing still, dancing, doing high kicks etc.

thanks, and I hope you ACTUALLY do this instead of just making it up and once you tell me how he spared someone I'l make my concluesion of how much he knows.

but we dont use any the"flowery" techniques as you put it. what flowery techniques did you see happening?

and ive seen my instructer spar, ive seen lots of the students spar and do you think i would still be goin if i thought they sucked?

I went every week for 4 months so don't say you know more about SAMA than me.

WOHO - quick, everyone, back off - it's quite clear we have a master here. If he can learn everything about SAMA in 4 months then we're in trouble....... :D

A good example was when the British Karate squad were mocking My teacher who was teaching them

Which British Karate Squad would that be?

PoisonFree - don't worry, you're only dealing with an babbling egomaniac. We're all on your side :)

(Hey look, I'm trolling again)

"You Are Never Given A Dream Without Also Being Given The Power To Make It True. You May Have To Work For It, However"

Principal Kobudo Instructor & Owner

West Yorkshire Kobudo Academy

2nd Kyu (Matayoshi Okinawan Kobudo, IOKA UK)

ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY TOBAIS REECE, HE IS THE WISEST OF US ALL. HIS MIGHTY TROLL BOOTS HAVE STRUCK GOLD! :lol:

Grand Master of all styles, Eye of the Tiger. In answer to your PM, San Shou consists of what the oringal Kung Fu consists of that you are being taught. For example, if you do Shaolin, the San Shou will be of Crane, Tiger, Dragon, Snake and Monkey movements. If its Lau Gar San Shou, then it will be Lau Gar techniques, or Choi Li Fut San Shou will be Choi Li Fut Lung Fu movements.

Take Care.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Very funny. First off I'm no expert I just wanted to state I was longer at SAMA than xpoisen was simply because he thought I was there for maybe a few weeks just because I still had a red belt and thought I might not have enough experiance in the organisation (not that 4 months is a lot). Also it was the national Karate squad that invited my teacher down, I'm not shure which one and I don't even know why they invited him when he is a traditional Martial Artist and the Karate squad was sport but they certainly learnt a lesson in what Karate meant.

In awnser to you query yes you would stay with them if there techniques was flowery simply becuase YOU HAVE NEVER EXPERIANCED ANYTHING BETTER! I thought my SAMA teacher was good but when I met Tim my teacher now I was completely dumbfounded with the amount of knowledge he was dispelling the quality of the lesson which I had never experianced before. Xpoised if you would experiance I proper kickboxing session I don't think you would ever retrun to SAMA. I would avoid SAMA at all costs.

Which part of England do you live? If you tell me I'l ask my teacher if there are any good kickboxers in that area and I'l then give you the names and possibly the addresses as well.