• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The over 40 club

SaiFightsMS

This is now, my third day, so forum policy stated may, or may not be, the reality, so I wait, watch, probe, keep my feet, ahem, fingers moving...

Like round one!

:D

I will do an introduction, though ;) .

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." George Orwell

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greetings,

I started Karate (American freestyle) at the age of 40. I've been taking lessons for just over two months, and will be taking my yellow belt exam in two weeks. My wife and I started taking lessons after our daughter (who's 8-1/2) earned her green belt. We're really enjoying our lessons and teachers, and have found that in the short time we've been taking lessons, our fitness, balance, coordination, and strength have all improved.

--RMM

RockyMtnMark good to see another 40 something join the KF forums, and good luck on your next grading. It sounds like your family has caught the Martial Arts bug.. keep it up and enjoy. :)

John G Jarrett

III Dan, ITF Taekwon-Do

Welcome to you all really. We really to make an effort to keep things friendly here. And you will find that those who just cannot be friendly will disappear. Of course everyone does get a chance to comply with the policies of the forum.

The law of averages caught up with me last nite. I was skating my local pool, went down, and either bruised or cracked a rib or two. Oddly enough, it was the plastic cap on my elbow pad that went into my ribs. My Karate class is tomorrow morning, so it'll be "interesting" to see how I fare. Belt exam is next weekend, so I think it'd be best if I put the skateboard aside until then...

An interesting statistic in our dojo was that most all of the injuries that occured happened outside of class in non martial arts related activities. Basketball being the number one accident causing sport.

The only incident that I recall directly from class was a broken toe.

.. know the feeling! :bawling: :wink: ... but I'd rather be 43 than 18 ... ANY DAY!!!!

I don't know about that one.I'd love to be 18yrs old again.I'd do so many things differently.

jmd :)

The Basics Are The Hidden Secret To Kung Fu Master The Basics.