SaiFightsMS

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am!!! At 51 I feel great and am quite an advocate for other Baby Boomers to stay active and adopt Martial Arts as a wonderful lifestyle to stay fit mentally and physically.

With the "Baby Boomers" flooding the market now in their Forties and early fifties I would like to see more dialogue surrounding our training issues. I can't approach my workouts at 51 the way I did at 21 as much as I have the urge to do so.

I spend much more time warming up, stretching, monitoring my nutrition and strength training than ever before.

Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way

Kenpo - Brown

TKD - Advanced Green

With the "Baby Boomers" flooding the market now in their Forties and early fifties I would like to see more dialogue surrounding our training issues. I can't approach my workouts at 51 the way I did at 21 as much as I have the urge to do so.

Okay let's continue with discussion on this here ... maybe all of us "members of this club" can offer our own training regime or how we approach our training .... bearing in mind our ages.

For me, I have to say I have maintained my flexibility moreso due to the fact that I perform stretches each and every day! Without proper stretching the over 40 body can experience far more injuries than the average younger martial artist.

:idea: Articles!! ..... Maybe your own experiences can one day help out our younger counterparts here when they reach our age!

(Sai I hope you don't mind me moving this to MGen. Martial Arts ...)

I just blew out 43 candles on the 23rd of Nov.---KickChick I'm with you on the stretching-at my age I figure I need it every,single day to stay flexible & it has really helped. No major injuries---yet... :D {{I am testing for Purple Belt on Sat}}

*1st Dan Oct 2004*

"Progress lies not enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be."

"It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not deserve them."

Can i play too ? Almost 38 :D I'd like to see how some of you folks approach your training. For those of us with kids and houses and jobs ( obviously ) i'm curious to also see how folks fit trainging into busy schedules cause while the mind is saying go go go - the old flesh is saying - Man i'm whipped :P

I just turned 40 last week. Most guess me as being about 33 or so though. I can't say it is Karate that has given me a youthfull look, but physical activity certainly helps.

43 Years old

Blue Belt (7th Kyu) Shorin-ryu

Roberts Karate