• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

2017 Martial Arts Goals

One of my goals was achieved. I received an Outslayer Muay Tai bag for Christmas. Now to clean my basement and get it set up before school starts again.

Does this mean I need to set another goal?

"Those who know don't talk. Those who talk don't know." ~ Lao-tzu, Tao Te Ching

"Walk a single path, becoming neither cocky with victory nor broken with defeat, without forgetting caution when all is quiet or becoming frightened when danger threatens." ~ Jigaro Kano

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my goals was achieved. I received an Outslayer Muay Tai bag for Christmas. Now to clean my basement and get it set up before school starts again.

Does this mean I need to set another goal?

Very nice gift!! You only need another goal if you want one!!

:P

Edited by sensei8

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Goals for me in 2017:

1. Continue to work on general conditioning, both strength and cardio. Have started to enjoy weight lifting so hope to be

2. Get more sparring time in. I made the transition to more of a teaching or coaching role this year and my sparring is really suffering through lack of practice. Need to get back on the mats rather than just observing from the sides.

About this time last year I completely tore my elbow UCL. I'm due reconstructive surgery sometime in 2017 which involves 6 weeks in a cast then potentially 6 months rehabbing before being able to train. Above all I just want to make a good recovery from this.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Best of luck tubby :) Hope you're back fighting fit soon

What are the new KKW poomse like? Much different from what you've done before?

Thanks everyone. Im doing ok now, was quite happy to.pull a hamstring last week, it means my stitchd up bowels arent the weak link now. I skip one session every other week the day after chemo, apart from that and one day absolutely flattened in bed im in the very lucky group. Its very confronting to see others in the chemo rooms who cant get in under their own steam and they arent all old.

The new poomsae are very flashy. In the two for the 30-50 age group's theres things like back hook kick into jump back hook kick and roundhouse into spin jump rh. All seems to be geared to that showy side of tkd but ill give them a go and expect them to be fun to try if KKW ever documents them properly

Sounds pretty challenging! What are they called as would be good to watch a video of them.

In the spirit of the new bag, I am considering a weekly kick and punch count goal. Something like 500 kicks and 300 punches. I know it sounds low, but I do have to balance these goals with full-time school and work. I would focus the kicks/punches on whatever needs the most work at the time. Like my Mae Geri is better than my spinning back kick. So I would work more on the spinning back.

"Those who know don't talk. Those who talk don't know." ~ Lao-tzu, Tao Te Ching

"Walk a single path, becoming neither cocky with victory nor broken with defeat, without forgetting caution when all is quiet or becoming frightened when danger threatens." ~ Jigaro Kano

Sounds pretty challenging! What are they called as would be good to watch a video of them.

https://youtu.be/_4y50bJvvMM

Is that a 540?? https://youtu.be/_4y50bJvvMM?t=1m7s

These all look a heck of a lot harder than the older poomse

• 4 weeks later...

I've been away for a while so I want to find consistency again. Get back in shape and shake off the rust!

BTW I missed you all.

The past is no more; the future is yet to come. Nothing exist except for the here and now. Our grand business is not to see what lies dimly at a distance, but to do what's clearly is clearly at hand...Lets continue to train!

I've been away for a while so I want to find consistency again. Get back in shape and shake off the rust!

BTW I missed you all.

Welcome back, quinteros! :)