• advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My instructor took one of his students to compete against Karate in open competion.. Kicks above the waist including the head were valid, no punches to the face, etc...

My classmate fought a couple of matches but was disqualifed for hitting "too" hard. In our school we use to spar full contact.

but what i saw was that karate guys didn't have good defenses for really fast kicks. My classmate scored easily and everytime he wanted until he was disqualified.

Also the those guy were used to "light to non" contact sparring so when they get hit hard, they freak out and don't know what to do.

In another time, my instructor was in a Friendly meeting with other instructors and they sparred... Rules were like in NHB, He sparred with a hapkido black belt, shotokan karate, mantis kung fu and capoeira, All the same night and he defeated all them.

And one time, my instructor also sparred with two NHB fighters in a seminar, He couldn't take one of them, but he tapped the other. Which is good to me because my instructor is NOT a pro fighter like they were.

Im not saying that my style is the best and can beat them all because that depends on the person, but at least i know that if We train hard and long enough we can protect ourselfs when the time comes.

We hit as hard as we can at our dojo. My Karate instructor was world champion kickboxer one year and has also been Canada champ. He is a seventh degree black belt, so we have pretty good sparring.

If you can't laugh at yourself, there's no point. No point in what, you might ask? there's just no point.

Many people seem to take Karate to get a Black Belt, rather than getting a Black Belt to learn Karate.

Hmm........ very true Submission.

I was just thinking about Completeness. A system can be complete, yet people will always have a preference, for example some will prefer to strike, some grapple. The essence of completeness to to be equally good at everything, but people WILL ALWAYS have a preference. A system can only be as complete as the people that do it, so can completeness ever be achived?

Take Care.

i honestly think that Shootfighting works better than Jui Jitsu (or atleast BJJ) simply for the reason that we strike.

Um, in the Ketto Ryu Jujutsu and the Aki Jujitsu dojos that I've been to have had many strikes.