• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Troubling situation

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I would have a representative of your school contact the Parks and Recs to inform them on the facts of this persons credentials. Fact is he lied to the Parks and Recs and to the people who wanted to take this self-defense course. This is unacceptable and needs to be corrected before it affects the reputation of the Parks and Recs as well as your school, and it will!

If talking to him doesn't work, this is what I would do. Make sure P&R know that you do not approve of them advertising him in any way as associated with your school/club. It's up to them whether they want to continue his class or not.

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

Go join his "class" with a few others from the club, then start questioning what he's doing. That usually causes these kind of people to back down.

That would be an exceptionally bad idea! "challenges" are always a bad idea, and demonstrate immaturity. I contacted Baltimore City PArks and Rec this morning. They are looking into it.

He isn't teaching "self-defense" seminars, but is running a TaeKwonDo club through one of the city churches, funded by Parks and Rec.

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!

Got to hate that....I'm considering teaching but not as a self proclaimed black belt. I'm just what I am. Brown Belt 3rd. That is how I will teach. It won't be a dojo either. Teaching in a church hall. Simple defence.

I would do what I could to get him to reconsider teaching his own school. If he refuses then hopefully he won't refuse to not saying it came from your school.