• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Combinations when grappling

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Go with the flow....

8)

I try to do this...but my flow is limited. Some people "flow" from a fire hose. Mine is a trickle from a leaky faucet...

Go with the flow....

8)

I try to do this...but my flow is limited. Some people "flow" from a fire hose. Mine is a trickle from a leaky faucet...
A leaky faucet is fine as long as you keep leaking. Ever leave a leaky faucet for a month? See how much your water bill is after that.

I would posit that having a few techniques and a really good understanding of position is more important than having a lot of tricks up your sleeve.

Most beginners spar too much, don't drill enough and always want to learn a new technique.

Most advanced players drill a lot, spar regularly but not a lot, and usually wind up using the stuff they learned as a white belt more than anything else.

Think first, act second, and stop getting the two confused.

I agree with you Brian and Tempest; better to have that leaky faucet than not because one drip/technique/idea/etc leads to another that another than another and so on and so forth. Flowing will come, and while it comes, or when it comes...BE THAT SPONGE, and soak it up as though your life depends on it, because one day, it just might!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Go with the flow....

8)

A leaky faucet is fine as long as you keep leaking. Ever leave a leaky faucet for a month? See how much your water bill is after that.

I would posit that having a few techniques and a really good understanding of position is more important than having a lot of tricks up your sleeve.

Most beginners spar too much, don't drill enough and always want to learn a new technique.

Most advanced players drill a lot, spar regularly but not a lot, and usually wind up using the stuff they learned as a white belt more than anything else.

Those are wise words, Tempest!