• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Who would you train with if you could?

DWx

There's no one that I'd choose to train with because, before I can train with anyone, I first must be worthy, and I'm not worthy; and right now, I feel like I'm the furthest thing from being worthy!!

:bowofrespect:

Why do you feel like you are not worthy?

Is it lack of technique or a physical prowess?

Neither!! It's a personal feeling, brought on through personal as well as professional loss!!

:cry:

I cant say I know what you mean, but from reading your posts, you seem like a pragmatic person that takes a logical approach towards things.

Anyway, the reason I brought up technique and physical prowess was because, in some martial arts gyms/dojo/organizations, you have to prove yourself to the headmaster or the headmaster may just teach advance classes.

To the bold type above...

Currently, I'm the "headmaster"; I'm the Kaicho of the SKKA.

:)

Now I am even more confused as to why you feel like you are not worthy but I wont press the matter. That being said, I discovered an obscure kung fu master who played in 90s martial arts action movie.

His name is Chin Kar-lok and in a movie called the scorpion king (1992) he showed AMAZING kung fu movement that left me speechless.

I tried to find information but his peak was from the early to mid 90s and not too much information, though I did find an interview about his training which he was an all around kung fu guy, though he favored the southern style.

I would post a link but I remember few rules in regards to posting videos which I have to check again when I have time.

It begins with the knowledge that the severity of a strikes impact is amplified by a smaller surface area.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no one that I'd choose to train with because, before I can train with anyone, I first must be worthy, and I'm not worthy; and right now, I feel like I'm the furthest thing from being worthy!!

Neither!! It's a personal feeling, brought on through personal as well as professional loss!!

I cant say I know what you mean, but from reading your posts, you seem like a pragmatic person that takes a logical approach towards things.

Anyway, the reason I brought up technique and physical prowess was because, in some martial arts gyms/dojo/organizations, you have to prove yourself to the headmaster or the headmaster may just teach advance classes.

Now I am even more confused as to why you feel like you are not worthy but I wont press the matter. That being said, I discovered an obscure kung fu master who played in 90s martial arts action movie.

His name is Chin Kar-lok and in a movie called the scorpion king (1992) he showed AMAZING kung fu movement that left me speechless.

I tried to find information but his peak was from the early to mid 90s and not too much information, though I did find an interview about his training which he was an all around kung fu guy, though he favored the southern style.

I would post a link but I remember few rules in regards to posting videos which I have to check again when I have time.

Our Soke passed away in 2008 of natural causes.

Our Dai-Soke passed away in 2010 from two separate strokes.

Our Kancho and the 5 members of our Board of Regents passed away in 2016 from a head-on crash/accident.

These personal as well as professional losses have taken it's toll on me across the board. In that, I don't expect many to understand as to why I feel unworthy, and what I do feel is the furthest thing from self-pity, but it's more of a huge void embraces me daily.

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Our Soke passed away in 2008 of natural causes.

Our Dai-Soke passed away in 2010 from two separate strokes.

Our Kancho and the 5 members of our Board of Regents passed away in 2016 from a head-on crash/accident.

These personal as well as professional losses have taken it's toll on me across the board. In that, I don't expect many to understand as to why I feel unworthy, and what I do feel is the furthest thing from self-pity, but it's more of a huge void embraces me daily.

Sorry to hear that, I assume you were close/reliant on the lost members. Hopefully you can recover and although I have no idea the structure of your style/dojo, hopefully there are some young talent that can help you fill the void.

It begins with the knowledge that the severity of a strikes impact is amplified by a smaller surface area.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If I could, I would have trained with Joen Nakazato of Shorinji Ryu.

But I do consider myself lucky that I have had the opportunity to have trained repeatedly with AJ Advincula Sensei and Walt Van Gilson Sensei. Both 1st generation students, so even though Shimabuku Sensei died the year I was born, I'm as close as possible to the source.

I'll take it!!! :karate:

A punch should stay like a treasure in the sleeve. It should not be used indiscrimately.

Kyan Chotoku Sensei