• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How many of you have actual combat experience?

Yup. Ive been in fights. Ive "won" them all. Since I finished them all in under 10 seconds, word spread about my ability and no one wants to fight me now. YAY! I didnt seriously injure anyone though. Just enough to end it. Now I can keep all of my fighting simply in the ring.

• 3 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been in several fights yes. Latest was last year. I was pleasantly surprised that my reflexes worked, and I executed a reasonable facsimile of Ba Gua's (Pa Kua) single change of palm. The guy almost died though, and was in the Hospital for a time.

I think it was more luck that skill though, as I was taken completely by surprise and he had several chances to punch me out from behind. I don't think I ever moved so quickly in my life.

I own you.

I've found that if people have access to a controlled violence in a safe setting (the dojo)they are less likely to seek it out in the outside world. Granted there are exceptions to every rule. I try and study self-defense, not self-offense.

when people find out that i train in martial arts they always ask me if i can really fight.......i just tell them that i can handle myself....and if they ask me if ive been in a fist fight before.....i tell them not to worry about it

• 2 weeks later...
I find the more I learn about fighting, the more nervous I feel about it. It's like you see just how many times you could get done in by not having a technique air tight and you begin to feel more nervous. Anyone else feel like that?

"I didn't lose!!! I just ran out of time to figure out how to beat him."

(Thai-Kick-Jitsu, Blue Belt)

• 2 weeks later...
Having worked as a "bouncer" (i prefer doorman) for three years in a deprived area , i never in that time involved myself in a fight , i controled many situations by being swiched on and anticipating the problems just before they happen . also i think you can make a bad situation worse ,my advice is keep calm stay alert and try to handle any violence with restaint . this will get you respect rather than recriminations. it also helps keep you out of jail.

you only get out what you put in!

• 2 weeks later...
I have only been in two fights in my life. I am decently young. I was blessed to win them both. I couldnt avoid either one. In both scenarios they took the first punch. I agree that you should try to avoid conflict at all cost,but that doesnt mean bending over backwards and backing down. Dont make yourself out to be a wimp,but also dont make yourself out to be a bully either.

I've been in countless little skirmishes. I don't know if you would classify them as fights, as generally someone was knocked out in 15 seconds or less. I lost a lot, but I won a lot too. But I'll tell ya this, I haven't lost one since I started Wing Chun training.

Yeah, I've been in some fights.

Last one would have been about a year ago now though.

After reading some of Geoff Thompson's stuff, I think the 4 D's, a fence, etc. is needed to be taught in the dojang.

There are always two choices, two paths. One choice is easy and its only reward is it's easy.

It takes sacrifice to be the best.