• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How many of you have actual combat experience?

Well...

I not going to explain my experiences since this has been done on other posts but kenpo4life if you want to talk to people you have experiences in ring and street fighting then go to https://www.mma.tv

The people on this famous MMA forum are all fighters, police officers, army personals from across the world. Also many any big names are on the forum ("Tank" Abbott, Tito Ortiz, "Pain" Peters, the Graices...) Try it out you'll feel more at home there, I know I do.

Limits Are Not Accepted. They Are Elbowed, Kicked And Punched.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a fromer bar manager/bouncer and have been a Correctional Officer for the past 5 years. I would estimate that i have been in at least 300 physical confrontations in my 28 years. My training in Jeet Kune Do, BJJ and San Shou has helped me tremendously in these aspects. Most of these altercations end once you ground some one, or simply twist them up in a painful lock of some sort. However there does come a time when one simply has to "knuckle up" and throw down. I have no doubt that my training helps me keep my pretty,pretty face. :D

The last time i fought was when i was a teenager, lots lots of times.

Then, since i started martial arts, i haven't fought again on the streets. Martial arts helped me to get out of the situations without having to fight.

My fighting experiences come from Training, and exchanging with diferent martial artists. We even try to fight using freestyle rules allowing to strike and grapple using methods of progressive resistance training, to make it as much real as posible without killing eachother.

Im a lover, not a fighter.. lol

mmatv.com

I have mixed opinions about them... i like it because they have lots of interesting topics, Yes. I'm agree with them in some of there ideas about martial arts, Yes.

But people there bash too much traditional styles. Too much for my taste. Like other MMA forums they tend to be too disrespectfull to other people's choices.

I just dont like closeminded people, neither traditionals or MMA Fans.

mmatv.com

I have mixed opinions about them... i like it because they have lots of interesting topics, Yes. I'm agree with them in some of there ideas about martial arts, Yes.

But people there bash too much traditional styles. Too much for my taste. Like other MMA forums they tend to be too disrespectfull to other people's choices.

I just dont like closeminded people, neither traditionals or MMA Fans.

Plus it seems like a thread will only go so long before people start talking about hot girls or poo :).

1st Dan Hapkido

Colored belts in Kempo and Jujitsu

• 2 weeks later...
Well...

I not going to explain my experiences since this has been done on other posts but kenpo4life if you want to talk to people you have experiences in ring and street fighting then go to https://www.mma.tv

The people on this famous MMA forum are all fighters, police officers, army personals from across the world. Also many any big names are on the forum ("Tank" Abbott, Tito Ortiz, "Pain" Peters, the Graices...) Try it out you'll feel more at home there, I know I do.

The MMA site is really oozing with machismo. Phil Baroni's challenge to Frank Shamrock being one example.

As for your question Kenpo4life, its a very important one in the sence that "how aware of are u really of your fighting capabilities when fighting an oponent that wants to hurt you? (in contrast to sparring buddies at the club) I think that is an aspect of our martial arts training that we in general tend to ignore. Kickchick's response was as always an inspiering read and i couldnt have put it better myself. I honestly still have some doubt about my fighting abilities. I've learned quite a bit in the short time i have been a karateka, and in our style we emphasize bunkai all the time, but there is still a lot of training to do before I feel the confidence that uou asked about. I have been in fights (prior to my martial arts training) because i simply had to, and it was never a good experience. I personally dont like fighting, because it brings out sides of my personality that I don't like.

Read a book!