• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How many of you have actual combat experience?

• 1 month later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I´had a fight the other week end....Some cocky guy pushed me I just did a double leg, then went to mounted and then front choked him

´´ The evil may win a round , but not the fight ´´

I´had a fight the other week end....Some cocky guy pushed me I just did a double leg, then went to mounted and then front choked him

All because a guy pushed you?

He pushed me several times....

Before mocking about my pirate costume (it was a costume party) .It started when the dumb guy asked me to give him some beer , and complained cuz it was warm , then talking crap about my costume ( cuz I had some black make up in my face )...and then talkin bad of me with several women , to look good himself.....

´´ The evil may win a round , but not the fight ´´

• 5 months later...

I've been in a lot of fights. Especially in college (football vs basers). I guess the one thing to know about winning a fight is to feel the adrenaline. It is the craziest feeling ever, and it invigorates me. I love it, but some people don't. I guess it is the fight or flight thing, some people's adrenaline makes them want to run, others make them want to fight. I have been in close to 20 full fights (3 of which involved more than 10 people) since college. Before college I fought probably 8 times in highschool. I consider a fight where someone decisively wins. Someone is on the ground bleeding, and can't get up on their own power. Less than that I think it would be more of a scuffle or something, not a real fight. Anyway, fighting becomes easier as time goes. I've learned to curb my adrenaline and stay (somewhat) calm, try to keep a level head. Even though I do that, it always seems like as soon as the first punch is thrown, it is like an explosion of energy. It is hard to describe.

Do not demand what you can not take by force.

He pushed me several times....

Before mocking about my pirate costume (it was a costume party) .It started when the dumb guy asked me to give him some beer , and complained cuz it was warm , then talking crap about my costume ( cuz I had some black make up in my face )...and then talkin bad of me with several women , to look good himself.....

:lol:

Anyway, yes I have had real experience.

Working as security for a time, and also a few occasions outside of profession.

the term combat is quite broad,

even street fighting is,

having taught military, police & pro-MMA,

I can tell you that each one had diff. ideas of combat & required diff. things.

This was also diff. from my own ideas & preparation for combat.

And it was a great experience for me to have to use what I had learned when I worked as a security officer in a very rough area.

but what really changed things was when I was living in bad neighborhoods for almost 4 yrs.

this is what lead me to re-evaluate my knowledge and take a diff. direction in my skills to master the knife.

• 4 weeks later...

First post

I've been in 47 bar brawls and street fights for various reasons. That doesn't include school yard fights, scuffles while bouncing, or combat in the Corps.

I'm only 23 so those fights have all been relatively recent(over about 5 years or so) I've lost 3 of them. The first was against a biker in his 50's who was one rugged mother. He bought me a few drinks afterwards and gave me advice on real fights which I use to this day. The other 2 were against 3 and 4 samoans and I was left for dead both times.

The thing I used most from martial arts (whichever style) is the intensity, body mechanics, and the knowledge that I can take a punch and stay on my feet.

U no mane suru karasu

First post

I've been in 47 bar brawls and street fights for various reasons. That doesn't include school yard fights, scuffles while bouncing, or combat in the Corps.

I'm only 23 so those fights have all been relatively recent(over about 5 years or so) I've lost 3 of them. The first was against a biker in his 50's who was one rugged mother. He bought me a few drinks afterwards and gave me advice on real fights which I use to this day. The other 2 were against 3 and 4 samoans and I was left for dead both times.

The thing I used most from martial arts (whichever style) is the intensity, body mechanics, and the knowledge that I can take a punch and stay on my feet.

There were a bunch of samoans on my college team. Good ball players and a tough bunch of kids. I was friends with them, so they were on my side:)

Do not demand what you can not take by force.

• 2 months later...
Guys,

I am new here and all, but I just wanted to ask the question. I have read about the combinations and stuff that people prefer, and question the validity of their use. As you all know, real fighting is not like the dojo. I am not suggesting that you have to fight a lot in the streets to be a good fighter, but I wonder how many of you realize that difference between practice and theory. It is not a knock against you. Most of you guys seem to be pretty young, and may not have had to use your skills yet. That is good, avoid fights at all cost. But when I read some posts, I wonder if some of you harbor a false sene of security based on what someone else has told you will work. How about it guys?

Yes i have , ive been fighting for 20 years in every situation and in more than 15 different styles.

I think that there is no 1 style , and that to truly become a great martial artist and person you must take information from where ever you can.