rate your speed

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess 4. I could say 10 cause you don't know me, but it wouldn't be fair :)

Sometimes I'm very fast, sometimes I almost fall asleep. It depends on so many things :D

When sparring I tend to be very ferocious and fast, although I don't really hit my partner. It scares the anyway :)

When performing kata I tend to be slow. I like to study my moves and position, and afterwards add some speed.

when it comes to sparring,7. when it comes to katas,3-4.

If you can't laugh at yourself, there's no point. No point in what, you might ask? there's just no point.

Many people seem to take Karate to get a Black Belt, rather than getting a Black Belt to learn Karate.

It all really depends on how angry I am. As my brother says, I go into "Angry Tammy Mode" and then I'm all like WAAAHHHH!!!! :kaioken:

Angry Tammy Mode/First Few Matches: my kicks can max out at about 7

Dog Tired/Few Matches later: 4 :dead:

I don't want to sound egotistical or anything, but when I get going really well, I have very fast kicks. However, that takes a lot of effort and energy so I can only pull it off for a match or two. *such a wimp* :roll:

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

• 1 month later...

It depends, I'm faster than most people I guess, but my style demands the ability to hit someone soon as you see the threat several times in rapid succession. Kinda difficult to explain, I know I can position myself and move my hand faster than a lot of other martial artists, making it appear that I'm physically faster but in all reality all I did was perform a simpler and naturally quicker movement.

Say your hand is open, then you close it into a fist. Now say you are in a fist, then you open it up into a hand, which motion was faster? The hand turning into a fist right? That's kinda how I operate. Hehe plus I run a 4.4 on the 40 yard dash, hehe those NFL Fan days have cool machines you could test yourself on..

I own you.

I don't normally like to judge myself, but I'll just tell you what other people have said about me.

"Holy sh*t! Humans aren't supposed to be able to move that fast!" :o

"How the h*ll do you do that?!" :o

"GOD D*MN!" :o

and... etc. Yeah... I know a lot of potty mouthed people. hahaha :lol:

I would say Im pretty fast. I would like some clarification on the rating system before I give myself an official rating. I would guess that Im like an 8 or 9 though. Oh yeah, I can run a mile in under 6 minutes now. Im not sure if that applies here... but Im just proud. haha :karate: