• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A really slow front kick!!

I haven't sparred/fought any shootfighters really tho. Would a knee work as well as the reverse punch (which id prolly go for) or is that smothered by the shooting?

I could be wrong, I but i think he's talking about falling on his back, and using his arms to grab his arms, and his leg to throw him over himself. Using the shootfighters own momentum to his advantage.

That's what it sounds like he's talking about, but I could be wrong.

Kensai?

Understand this, a man without honor, is not a man at all, but a coward in disquise.

Animis Opibusque Parati

I definitely wouldn't kick... you probably want both feet on the ground and it's unnerving how easily kicks are defused at close range.

I wonder if putting your hand on the back of his head as you jumpstep to the side (or backwards if you have to... though that might make it harder for him to actually grab you) and shoving hard downward would make him do a nosedive into the floor. Might as well use his downward momentum if you can. Just another idea.

That sort of attack also opens up a bunch of pressure points on the back of the head and neck, but I wouldn't know them well enough to make them work for me yet.

1st Dan Hapkido

Colored belts in Kempo and Jujitsu

Thanks Jade, that is what I mean. As the shoot fighter came in I would:

A- Dojo situation, cut him in half with my Katana. (In real life no Katana......lol)

B- Jokes aside, the art of Ukemi is to bond yourself with the floor. As he commited himself, I would slide into the floor grabbing his shoulders, as I went under him. As he went over me I would then raise my leg between his, firstly to add some more pain to his "Joy department" also to propelle him clear over me, so that I could be on top of him before he could turn back onto his front or get up. The either apply an Nikkyo or Sankyo pin maybe a choke.

Take Care.

This is hard to explain. If I anticipate the attack, my first instinct is to give a sideways forearm into the base of the neck while trying to maintain a little distance. I don't like the kick at close range, but I could see a good placed knee (you better not miss). If they get in on me I like to trap and control the head, move my weight down and sideways, keeping the opponents weight going in the direction of his attack. From here you can grab an arm, drive the head into the ground, tie up the legs, or even come around the back, and go to work. You can also do Kensai's move with a little practice, but it's not my first choice. With my wrestling background I try to look for ways to use the attacker's momentum against them. I try not to get into strength contest as with the attacker committing it makes more sense to affect the balance.

Does this make any sense? It's hard to explain.

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

I agree completely. In Aikido, using your opponents strength is centeral to how the Aikido system works. Ofcourse in real life I have no idea how I would react. Perhaps I would do some really amazing defence and finish, perhaps I would run and run and run. My Ukemi suggestion is only one of many, but in REAL life, god only knows.

Take Care.