• advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, there's tons of ways to counter and tons of ways they could vary the shoot to make certain counters ineffective.

i need to find somewhere to spar shooters, seems like fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Guess I'll FLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or ... given the fact he is aiming at my perfect legs WITHOUT my permission beat the hell out of him :D :D

Now seriously, if I'll suvive my amazement regarding this intersting way of fighting, I'll go for pressure points, punches and so on, trying to get of his way. Guess kicking would be like going into his technique. Never fought a shootfighter, so I'm only guessing here :)

Any knee combos or thrusts to consider here? I suppose if he managed to grab my knee I still have elbows.

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

Ironberg, elbows are cool but i wouldn't recommend the knees

I don't understand why you wouldn't recommend knees? Many stand up fighters have used knee strikes to stop a clinch. Mirko Filipovic used a knee strike to Kazuyuki Fujita clinch attempt and he busted Fujita's eyebrow wide open, and won the fight.

Limits Are Not Accepted. They Are Elbowed, Kicked And Punched.

i cant speak for everyone but when i shoot im already close anyways. the few times i shoot, i do so from a clinch (usually). therefore, most knee strikes would hit me in the chest, it might hurt but probably wont stop me.

for people who shoot from a distance, a knee probably would connect. those are the types of people that a kick might work, but i still wouldn't recommend it.

i guess i should start being more clear on what im saying. sorry if i caused a confusion.

Look for a front face lock or a elbow to the back of his head.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."