• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

i know that most moves aren't planned and are just done on instincts. but what if a skilled shootfighter shot for your legs? what would you do?

i bet 99% of the answers are gonna be "kick him" :lol:

(on a different note, i've had problems where people only think shootfighters try to tackle you. please dont think that, its not true)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be prepared to hit the ground and immediately go for a soft area (throat, armpit, etc). Most likely try and get him into a wrist lock or armbar, then strike that bundle of nerves under the armpit as fast and hard as I can.

Dance damnit! Dance like I've never danced before! :D

"Freedom discovers man the moment he loses concern over what impression he is making or about to make" -Bruce Leehttp://www.myvidtodvd.com/mysmilies/otn/other/leseratte.gif

http://216.40.249.192/mysmilies/contrib/xerx/smileystooges.gif

I would sprawl...

Since my opponent is a skilled shootfighter I would sprawl, place pressure on his back and then let go, so we are back on our feet where I can utilize my Muay Thai.

If I miss the sprawl and it goes to the ground and I fall in his guard or worse I'm mounted, then I would attempt to create some distance so I could get back on my feet and use my Muay Thai. I'm not dumb enough to grapple a skilled shootfighter.

i bet 99% of the answers are gonna be "kick him"

It's funny cause so many people think this way! :lol: :roll:

Edited by Thai_Kick

Limits Are Not Accepted. They Are Elbowed, Kicked And Punched.

It really depends on how soon I see the "shoot" and how committed he is to it.

If its a feint or I see it soon enough I would keep my weight forward and try to get a knee in the face. (which would be legal because the only time I'd be fighting a shoot fighter would be NHB!)

If it's quick and I am too late for that I would fall back and try to go to my guard until the ref makes us stand up for inactivity!

Rock Paper Scissor

Punch Knee Kick

^ME^ ^MY DOJO^

Heres a crazy one for you......

When he commits himself foward the second he drops his hands to go for your legs step back lock into a front stance and reverse punch him directly in the face. Do it quickly in one motion, I guarantee it will hurt.

Just a little thought from your friendly neighborhood Shotochem... :brow:

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

Don't know what I would do, every situation is different and governs a different tactic. But I can tell you what I've done in a similar situation, where a "shootfighter", attacked me.

when he "shot" for my legs I struck him in the head with a fast and powerful punch. He was hit about 2-3inches above the forehead. He fell at a lump at my feet.

This is just one scenario, like I said every situation is different, and there are many situations that would not govern a move like this. This particular situation did. I react different in every encounter.

It all just really depends on the circumstances and the oppty made available to you.

Understand this, a man without honor, is not a man at all, but a coward in disquise.

Animis Opibusque Parati