• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Do/Jutsu

Tobias_Reece

There really isn't much use arguing about it. Its a matter of personal prefernce. You just pick the one you want. Not to offent anybody but the way i look at it is "Do i want to learn to dance or learn to fight ?" i picked fighting. If you don't pick a style that practices sparing with contact and practical fighting techniques you won't be able to defend yourself. If you pick a style that is all kata and gymnastics that is what you will learn.

I practice karate-DO, and we spar full contact, no point sparring, and we do some kata, but not that much. I think it really depends on the school/instructor, as most of our techniques we learn are pretty devastating and tend to hurt people really badly when applied.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There really isn't much use arguing about it. Its a matter of personal prefernce. You just pick the one you want. Not to offent anybody but the way i look at it is "Do i want to learn to dance or learn to fight ?" i picked fighting. If you don't pick a style that practices sparing with contact and practical fighting techniques you won't be able to defend yourself. If you pick a style that is all kata and gymnastics that is what you will learn.

I practice karate-DO, and we spar full contact, no point sparring, and we do some kata, but not that much. I think it really depends on the school/instructor, as most of our techniques we learn are pretty devastating and tend to hurt people really badly when applied.

The key concept is that you are learning the application of those techniques.

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!

I'm not going to argue with someone wearing philosophical blinders. Good day!

I'm wearing religious blinders :lol: , you wearing the philosophical blinders. :lol: