• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The battery eater

SaiFightsMS

It sits there on my desk looking at me like it is innocent. It is my cheap digital camera ($30). It sees nothing wrong with eating batteries; nothing whatsoever. It is some kind of a little monstor. It does take adequate pictures though. :lol:

So do you have battery eating cameras?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I've used a digital camera a couple of times, but the batteries were rechargable.

Yup, them digital cameras are power hogs. It's best to go spend your money on some NiMH (Nickel Metal Hydride) rechargeable batteries. They have the best power capacity (measured in milli Amp hours), but are slightly more expensive, plus you need the charger. However, it beats throwing away the alkalines.

It's happy hour somewhere in the world.

yeah you definitely need the kind with the "loading dock" ... so that it always remains powered up ...(although it has a lithium battery in it when you forget too!)

Talk about battery eaters! I am dreading this Christmas.... seems everyone buys my little one something that needs X-amount of some X-type battery!!!! I steer clear of giving those type of toys .... I am famous for giving kids useful gifts like those sweet sounding power laser guns and what about those rhythmic drums and cymbals!! :lol: :lol: :wink:

I am famous for giving kids useful gifts like those sweet sounding power laser guns and what about those rhythmic drums and cymbals!! :lol: :lol: :wink:

Yah, its fun until your kids start getting those gifts. LOL :lol:

It seems like whenever a new tech product comes out it starts with batteries and then progresses to rechargeables, then to internal rechargeables. PDAs come to mind...the latest generations all have the loading docks. Is this by design to keep all those techies buying the latest and greatest? They could have started with that technology. It makes you wonder...

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

No, but probably because I don't use it often enough. So it doesn't drain the battery quick so then I have to buy a new pair of batteries.

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

Actually depending on what I have been doing with my pda it is a battery hog too. If I play games or take notes it slurps down batteries whole. If I have been reading it really isn't too bad on battery consumption. Actually, I am finding I really enjoy the whole ebook experience.

Anything with a LCD screen is a power hog. The LCD concept is based on little pixels that, when energized, allow light to magically appear. You could think of it as little valves that pass light. The more pixels you have within your display, the more power it will require. Thus, clear resolution displays such as digital cameras and PDAs will drain them little batteries a lot faster than something like a graphic calculator.

It's happy hour somewhere in the world.