• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

We've had a busy couple of weeks but we're back with our recap videos. This week, we dug into the side control position and attacks from that position. Here, we take a long look at the Americana attack. It's a super common attack, but I often see it taught with missing details either in control or execution. Check it out:

Any thoughts on the steps? How about the manipulation of the control position to drive the submission? Any details that stand out?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Great tutorial, Alex, as always!!

Great manipulation...great press...great hip control!!

As a Karateka that's well immersed in grappling as well, I especially enjoyed seeing the knee strike that we're taught, as a possibility, at time stamp 3:19; as we're always looking for those openings, which are more doable when my opponent moves their arm between my legs, as opposed to having their arm in the way of my leg, which can prevent a full knee strike to the side of the head or square in their face. And of course, you'll see that whenever ones watching a UFC match.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Great details, Alex. I can see where the way I've been doing it has been much looser. I like how you pull his arm up onto his ribs, and then go to set the Americana. This will be some stuff for me to try. Thanks for sharing!

Great details, Alex. I can see where the way I've been doing it has been much looser. I like how you pull his arm up onto his ribs, and then go to set the Americana. This will be some stuff for me to try. Thanks for sharing!

Glad you like it! Let me know what kind of success you have with it.

• 1 month later...