• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Hi,

I was just wondering, does hapkido have hand strikes? If so which ones? How about elbows and knees? thanks.

yes hapkido has plenty of all of the above probably the only form of korean amrtial art which hasnt as yet been converted into a "show" of what martial arts may be like..plenty of hand strikes. throws and "real " self defense tactics..medals dont have much relevance in hapkido as yet..nor should they matter in taekwondo .however that doesnt seem to be the trend today

Javier l Rosario

instructor taekwondo/hapkido

under master Atef s Himaya

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"

Taezee,

Would you mind covering the differences between Hapkido and Aikido ? Are they the same ? I've been thinking about taking up Hapkido instead of TKD but am finding that the three arts are kind of lumped together.

Regards

hapkido was developed from akido just as taekwon do was from karate..so yes alot of similarities..excellent martial art

Javier l Rosario

instructor taekwondo/hapkido

under master Atef s Himaya

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"

Aikido, Hapkido and TKD are "lumped" together. I think not. Aikido is a very different system to TKD. Its simplaities with Hapkido are only really superfical as Hapkido has a very different approach to combat.

Just IMHO ofcourse.

Take care.

Aikido, Hapkido and TKD are "lumped" together. I think not. Aikido is a very different system to TKD. Its simplaities with Hapkido are only really superfical as Hapkido has a very different approach to combat.

Just IMHO ofcourse.

Take care.

Maybe i should have been more clear :) We dont have anyone teaching Hapkido exclusively. However, we do have places teaching TKD/Hapkido or it may be listed like aikido ( hapkido ) seeming to make those two are interchangeable which i know they are not.

It's kind of interesting to hear about hapkido and aikido getting lumped together so often. Except for the jujitsu-inspired elements, there were very few similarities to aikido in my personal training.

1st Dan Hapkido

Colored belts in Kempo and Jujitsu

Aikido is very different, not better or worse, just different.

Sorry Blue, I did not mean to be so blunt in my previous post.

They are both very effective systems, I dont really know enough in terms of real experience about Hapkido, but I only hear good things about it.

Anyone that is confident in the techniques of both Aikido or Hapkido are going to be able to look after themselves in real life.

Take Care.