• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What is the longest time you have spent between testing?

The most I've ever been at a rank in tae kwon do is about five months, I'm currently a 2nd gup brown belt. In Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, I started training at the end of February/beginning of March last year; I just got two stripes on my white belt last week, but I'm technically still a white belt and probably will be for a while longer. I'll end up being a white belt for a year and a half or so.

1st dan Tae Kwon Do

Yellow Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

16 Years Old

Girls kick butt!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Five months ago I tested for my orange belt in American Karate. Now it is time- my blue belt test is THIS FRIDAY! :brow:

However, I can see my belts taking longer and longer to complete in the distant future.

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

At each brown belt level (1st and 2nd deg) was each 1 year. That seemed like forever!!! .... but going from 1st dan to 2nd dan took me 2 years.

(actually going from green belt to purple took me 3 years ... but that was because I took time off to have a child)

:D ... a "dan" for each child (I hadn't thought of that :idea: !)

It is entirely possible that I will "try" for 3rd dan (body & mind willing that is!) and that would be at least 145 weeks according to the amount of lessons I have to go. So I'd say 3 years if I can at that time fulfill the requirements. Physically if I cannot because of my age I will be more than happy to "bow" out at 2nd dan! But thank you ramymensa ... they are lovely and they all know tae kwon do also which makes them even more special! :nod: :up:

Well, because of the standards in KSW, to this point it was between 1st and 2nd dan. Had to wait 2 yrs after 1st dan promotion before I could start testing, and testing took another 2 yrs. By the end of this phase, between 2nd and 3rd dan will be the longest, because I have to wait 3 yrs from promotion to start testing, and it will likely take another 2 yrs of testing for promotion.

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

Haven't tested for the past six months. Instructor cancelled a test last month and said we are all going to focus on detail for a while and test next month. That really means he is going to put us in the hospital right before Christmas. Ho, Ho, aww crap.

It's happy hour somewhere in the world.

For me it was 9 or 10 months. Im in no hurry. They say it takes a lifetime :D . I have been getting banged up a lot lately pushing myself too hard.( I like to play hard :brow: ) I may start to act more my age and cut back a little. Its worth it to let the body recover. Especially us over thirty peoples.(physically). Ive missed a couple of gradings due to injury and I just came back stronger.

Its only a piece of cloth around my waist, but I want to be good enough to have earned it. A few months wait can be the difference between just doing and understanding...... :up:

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

I'm the "over 25" bunch, but I also push myself hard :D

Anyways, I lied LOL. The longest I ever went without testing was 5 months when I pulled my hammy last spring. It felt like I was going to be a yellow belt forever LOL .... OMG!!! It's going to be five months again when I test for blue in December! Wow! Where have I been LOL. No reason to rush. I'm just cruzin' :D

Laurie F