• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What is the longest time you have spent between testing?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In TKD (the dojang I'm in anyways) has 12 gups. That seems like "ages". But I did make it to 7th gup (which I was "rushed" to because of my experience, but I chose to slow down), and I will be testing for 6th gup in December.

I'm in no rush. I'm really big on technique, so if I don't think I have the s**t, I won't go for it. But I'm confident this time around for blue belt, which last time I wasn't. I didn't test for blue belt in TSD, when I was supposed to because I thought I wasn't ready, and I wasn't, eventhough my suh bum nim thought I was. He understood, and allowed me to test later. I thought that was the coolest thing. He didn't "force" me to test. He gave ME the choice :)

But that was 4 months instead of three for that rank.

Laurie F

I'm the "over 25" bunch, but I also push myself hard :D

Anyways, I lied LOL. The longest I ever went without testing was 5 months when I pulled my hammy last spring. It felt like I was going to be a yellow belt forever LOL .... OMG!!! It's going to be five months again when I test for blue in December! Wow! Where have I been LOL. No reason to rush. I'm just cruzin' :D

I really am in the "over 25" bunch! 31 to be exact. I am an Orange belt in American Kempo Karate so far I have tested twice, getting ready to test December 14th for my Blue Belt. 3 months per belt up to Blue after that I'm not sure how long it will be inbetween testing.

~*KarateMom*~

• 1 month later...

For me, I am in the middle of my longest wait, 6 months from 1st degree bb decided to 1st degree senior.

My instructor is a 5th degree bb. He is in the middle of a 5 yr training period before he tests for 6th.

Our highest ranking person in our national organization promoted in September to 8th degree, after a 7 year waiting period.

1st Degree Black Belt

TaeKwonDo