• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The essence of Martial Arts

Thats the point Freestyler. But how do you know when something is going to be dangerous and when its not? If you try to pre-empt a situation, you can make it worse.

I have no idea how I would react in the "real" situation. I dont think anyone does. You just have to do the right thing.

Take Care.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hi,

just remember it's all mental. You have to be preapred to endanger someone else's life for your own. Your fear will always be there, the difference is whether you let it get to you or not. As soon as you let fear control you, you are worried about getting hurt, or something bad happening, it most likely does. Have confidence in yourself and your training.

Kensai, I would not mistake your heightened sense of awareness for fear. It sounds like you were in a potential situation and you handled it well. You should be proud that your love for your grandparent is so strong and protective.

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

I think that unless you are a person who does or has gotten into a large amount of fights then you will feel this way. The more you do something the more your confidence rises in that situation. But its not all about proving yourself. Unless thats what your reason for training is about.

2nd Dan Hap Ki Do: What we do in life echos for an eternity!