• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

A Quandary

I think it comes down to:

"Are you done with your journey?"

If the answer is, after that time, yes. Then by all means, take the position and move on. Look back with fondness and show up to reunions. There is no shame in honestly evaluating this.

If the answer is no, then you'll have to find a reason to give your significant other as to why you're passing on the chance :lol:

Again, neither is wrong. My younger self wouldn't have been as open minded, but I find that things are rarely as clear as my 20 something fighter self thought.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Honestly (in regards to the op) I would. If i had been head of said governing body and feel comfortable with my decisions I would step aside for the better opportunity for my family and give my successor the chance to have that responsibility.

The folks I know who are capable of successfully doing one of those things are folks who tend to want to do both. They are used to juggling, sacrificing, & ordering their lives to do the things in life that life worth living for them. Doing less tends to make them uncomfortable, or restless.

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton