guarddog

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I train at my dojo 5 days a week, several hours each day, totals to about 10-15 hours a week :)

Goju Ryu Karate-do and Okinawan Kobudo, 17 Years Old 1st kyu Brown Belt in in Goju Ryu Karate-do, & Shodan in Okinawan Kobudo

Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both....and surpass the result.

I AM CANADIAN

I train at my dojo 5 days a week, several hours each day, totals to about 10-15 hours a week :)

It seems to be around 10 - 12 hours a week to be the ideal amout of hours to train - how you spread that out is up to you.

Back in my team training hay day, I was training 6 to 7 days a week about 3 to 5 hours a day - and so was most of the team members (around 30 to 35 hrs. a week). We would all typically meet for meals after training...and eat like pigs! However, we couldn't keep our calories up!!! Many of us, myself too, lost a lot of weight with this training regimine. We all felt very healthy, quick, strong, etc... Although, in reality, we were actually very unhealthy. I went from 180 lbs., down to the low 140 lb. range - other team members did the same. Two team members went from the 200 lb range down to the high 130 lb range and got "Mono" as the result! Most of us had cut back our training to the 20 hour range and started to get healthy again and gain weight. I personally cut my training back to every other day - my weight returned back to the 178 lb range by doing so.

I hope many of you enthusiasts learn from my mistake. Generally you have "one" chance to train "properly" in Karate because the result could affect your Karate careers/goals for the rest of your life!!! An injury for improperly training can scar you for good...

Any other similar experiences out there???

- Killer -

Mizu No Kokoro

Shodan - Nishiyama Sensei

Table Tennis: http://www.jmblades.com/

Auto Weblog: http://appliedauto.mypunbb.com/

Auto Forum: http://appauto.wordpress.com/

• 1 month later...
In the dojo here they have four classes per week. I also train twice a week conditioning (weights, aerobic exercises). I can't attend to all four classes though as my work gets in the way.

Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7pm to 9pm...and sometimes on Fridays and Saturdays from 10am to 12pm with the Tuesdays and Thursdays...if I confused anyone, I apologize lol It's late and im tired

"Freedom discovers man the moment he loses concern over what impression he is making or about to make" -Bruce Leehttp://www.myvidtodvd.com/mysmilies/otn/other/leseratte.gif

http://216.40.249.192/mysmilies/contrib/xerx/smileystooges.gif

I do 7 martial arts... between them i train 30 hours a week,

with

2 sessions on Monday,

3 on Tuesday,

3 on Wednesday,

2 on Thursday,

3 on Saturday and

2 on Sunday

Each session is from an hour and a half to two and a half hours

Let fire burn and waters rage. Air spin and earth engulf. Let darkness fall and light reveal. Let demons yell and angels sing. I care not. Threaten those i defend and i will make sure that you fail

I train 5-6 times a week, twice on Thursdays, each class being 1 hr to 2 hrs long, depending on the type of class that I am attending. I just can't get enough of it. I guess though it is a good addiction if you are going to have one! :roll:

About 6 hours a week, split between technique and general conditioning/fitness... I don't attend a club (haven't done for a decade, for personal reasons), so this is all solo training. I have a good gym at home though.

Saturday - 90 minutes

Sunday - nil

Monday - 50 minutes

Tuesday - 75 minutes

Wednesday - 35 minutes

Thursday - 75 minutes

Friday - 35 minutes

I do technique work every day that I train (practising a basic set of 20 techniques: 5 punches, 5 kicks, 5 throws - or the turn-ins anyway, 5 elbows & knees. Each is done 100 times on each side.

Saturday is my main weight session. Monday is extended punch-bag work. Tuesday is plyometrics on odd weeks, isolation weight training on even weeks. Thursday is circuit training on odd weeks, and I go to my fencing club on even weeks.

Unfortunately, my life is so busy that's all I have time for: I'm a science teacher, and have a wife and young daughter. I usually start my training around 10pm.

Currently: Kickboxing and variants.

Previously: Karate (Seido, Shotokan, Seidokan), Ju Jitsu, Judo, Aikido, Fencing.