• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How offten do...

guarddog

We all take classes...or teach....those dont move too fast. After class we workout hard for about 90 minutes or 2 hours. We do that about three days a week...(classes last about 3 hours). Saturday is the killer....we teach classes from 9 am to 1:30...then work out until 4:30. When we leave on those days we can barely hold our pads.....great fun though

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to train 4-5 days a week at my TSD school. I trained 3-4 at the TKD school (the McDojang). Now I train 2 days a week (in the afternoon because I work nights :( ). I'm working on changing my schedule at work so I can train more.

Laurie F

• 2 weeks later...
I can train the days i want from monday to saturday at the hour i want. So i usually go when im finished with school and work, regardless of hour. I try to train 4 to 5 days per week (sometimes 3 hours a day, but usually 1 1/2)

The best way to improve is practice.

• 2 weeks later...

I train 4 days a week. When I get my green belt in 10 months time, I will be able to train 5 days a week....

I `ve been planning to do a 30 minute streching/kata excersise each night to improve my kata's and general flexibility. Has anyone else tried doing something similar? Did it work?

Read a book!

Make sure you do allow some recovery time or you will run into nagging little "overtraining" issues. A bit of stretching every day can be very helpful. Don't stretch hard every day. And daily mental reviews of your forms is really invaluable.