• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How offten do...

guarddog

Hello fellow MA ppls.

Just curious as to how much everyone does their specified MA here.

My self I currently go on Tues and Thurs afternoons. (work every night) But starting in Dec. I will be able to go three afternoon classes a week when my sched opens up a bit. HEHE I am working on Friday nights thou as that class is mainly dedicated to sparring. (we do sparring like excersises in other classes) But a full class would be steller! :brow:

Anyhow just curious to see how much people are addicted.. Mean enjoy their Arts!!!!

J.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I train everyday reguardless if I put a gi on or not. Reading this board and interacting with other MA is some of the best training you can get. But to answer your question 2-4 classes a week for 2 hrs a session.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

Do most clubs have classes longer then 1 hour?

My club has all 1 hour classes, but tend to run 1h to 1.5h...?

Just curious

Do you all practice kata and blocks etc at home?

.... I'm new but I find my self walking around going over blocks and when to strike from the block etc. HEHEHe from what we learned in class.

J.

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty much 4 nights/week, monday-thursday.

But..I'm often caught "daydreaming" about kata, technique, etc.. when no in class! :)

Like Ray Dalke was quoted, I'm also horrible around mirrors, often practicing techniqes in any reflective surfaces, looking for ways to improve. let's not froget "knocking" my knucles against hard surfaces in eleveators, along walls, etc....

Good grief, I'm obsessed!

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!

Currently I'm not going to class very often. The classes run 3 days a week at 1 1/2 to 2 hours. I try to make time to work on my martial arts outside of class. Lately haven't had much time. I usually post on the forums at work or school so I can't really practice at these times. So the forums is the way I stay sain at work and school. :lol:

I usually train at least 4 days per week and often 5 then stay after class at least 1 day a week for at least an hour to work on Kata's. Then I attend Kickboxing class at least 2 nights/week, sessions are typically 2 - 2 1/2 hours each. At home I am constantly stretching and working on balance ( doing various kicks on 1 leg slowly and seeing how long I can do combination kicks on 1 leg with good balance etc.).

Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way

Kenpo - Brown

TKD - Advanced Green

I take classes 3 to 4 times a week for an hour. Sometimes I'll hang out a little to practice a certain technique or get in some more grappling.

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.