• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

other sports?

MAfreak

Confession time: I work in B2B sales and have a customer who I knew was a diehard fan of my local rugby team. A few years ago I had to spend a long car journey alone with them so looked up some of the latest news from that team to discuss in the car. Turns out I was so convincing he decided I must be a major fan! Everytime we talk he brings up the latest game and there was never a good point to correct him. I'm trapped in this vicious cycle of researching them every time we talk which only confirms to him that I know all about them! It's gotten to the point where he even tells other people how much of a fan I am and regularly gets in touch to discuss the team. I haven't had the heart to dispel the myth :lol:

That's really funny. I don't think we're alone. :) Years ago, I was a high school substitute teacher. One day I subbed for the varsity basketball coach whose team won the night before. My day was among the boy's gym coaches. I was amazed at how the coaches interacted with each other. For the first 4 hours of the day, all they talked about was the game the night before. That was understandable. But the weird part was, after they exhausted the discussion about game, not one man said one word to another for the rest of the day. It was sad that these guys who worked side by side couldn't find anything to speak to one another outside of that game. I know most guys aren't like that, but that was really odd.

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

@patrick what i meant was, when people are watching a specific sport on tv then there's an interest for this sport. but not in doing it themselves, thats strange to me. :D

that baseball is that popular out of the usa surprises me. but here in germany at least there's a similar game called "schlagball" which means something like "hit ball" or "strike ball".

I've always played sports!

Most of my adult life, I've played a game called wallyball (volleyball with walls). It's played on a racquetball court. You string a net across the middle and put a team of 2 or 3 players on each side. The rules are pretty similar to volleyball with additional rules about using the walls. I've played in leagues and traveled to tournaments, although not very far.

As a young adult, I mostly played racquetball and beach volleyball. I played baseball from Little League through high school and football in high school.

I've never been a big sports fan. I'll watch something from time to time, but I rarely go out of my way to do so. I'd much rather play than spectate.

John - ASE Martial Arts Supply

https://www.asemartialarts.com

Most of my adult life, I've played a game called wallyball (volleyball with walls). It's played on a racquetball court. You string a net across the middle and put a team of 2 or 3 players on each side. The rules are pretty similar to volleyball with additional rules about using the walls. I've played in leagues and traveled to tournaments, although not very far.

As a young adult, I mostly played racquetball and beach volleyball. I played baseball from Little League through high school and football in high school.

I've never been a big sports fan. I'll watch something from time to time, but I rarely go out of my way to do so. I'd much rather play than spectate.

i used to love walleyball! I played volleyball (beach and indoor) for years before blowing my knee out in a game. I miss it greatly!

Seek Perfection of Character

Be Faithful

Endeavor

Respect others

Refrain from violent behavior.

i used to love walleyball! I played volleyball (beach and indoor) for years before blowing my knee out in a game. I miss it greatly!

I wholeheartedly agree!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously? You don't often run across people who have heard of it, let alone played! May I ask where?

My home court used to be in Studio City, California, but we play in Sherman Oaks, now. I've played in tournaments hosted by a defunct San Diego group. There, I played with teams from Mission Viejo, Marina del Rey, and Lancaster (or Palmdale or somewhere out there), and I think someone came from Canada and someone from New York.

Sorry to her about your knee problems. They can be tough. I probably don't have much cartilage left in mine. Many of us have issues. One woman tore her ACL and had it replaced. She plays with a brace now. Several have dropped out with joint problems.

John - ASE Martial Arts Supply

https://www.asemartialarts.com