• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

A Call For Self-Defense!!

sensei8

Read this quote just the other night...

"What does it take to stop a bad guy with a gun? A good guy with a gun." ~Robert Lovingood, Vice Chair for the San Bernardino, CA, County Board of Supervisors.

First, I'm not an advocate nor a supporter of Mr. Lovingood and/or the office for which he now resides. I just want us to have a friendly discussion.

Therefore, what's your opinion about his quote?

Let me be frank, the MA can only go so far against an attacker if a gun is involved, the MAist becomes quite limited. After all, bringing a knife to a gun fight has its limits, as well.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

even if its true and i personally wished to own guns myself since terrorists are conquering europe now,

i think many americans are too much enthusiastic of rifles. its like the example of a student who runs amok in a school shooting kids and what would the american say? if these kids have had guns too, they could have defended themselves. :dodgy:

Of the 12000 to 13000 firearms murders a year in the US, aproximately 300 to 320 are by rifles. I'll give you that when they are used and make the headlines the incident is usually bad.

you won't really argue if it matters of being handgun, rifle or whatever. to me english is second language, so inconfused the terms and i meant shooting weapons in general.

you confirmed, what i wanted to say, thank you.

After an initial spurt of laughter from the unusual name, perhaps in some ways that gentelman may have a good point. The biggest issue with this idea is that the law and authorities often find it difficult to distinguish the good guys from the bad guys when each side is armed. The situation is even more confusing when bullets start to fly.

It's all good MAfreak. A little language barrier will not stop two people from communicating if both are honest and willing to hear what is meant. Please take my post for what it is meant as educational only and not something against you.

ChuckD :)

Read this quote just the other night...

"What does it take to stop a bad guy with a gun? A good guy with a gun." ~Robert Lovingood, Vice Chair for the San Bernardino, CA, County Board of Supervisors.

First, I'm not an advocate nor a supporter of Mr. Lovingood and/or the office for which he now resides. I just want us to have a friendly discussion.

Therefore, what's your opinion about his quote?

Let me be frank, the MA can only go so far against an attacker if a gun is involved, the MAist becomes quite limited. After all, bringing a knife to a gun fight has its limits, as well.

:)

Can you defend against a gun yes. Is it wise, I would say no it is not. I know they have wooden drills that people use but come on now. If you want to drill with a gun, students should be given small water pistols. So if the person defending gets squirted with water, than they weren't fast enough or did the drill wrong.

However as for knives, like I always say, if you cannot see both hands when being approach by someone, keep your distance.

Teachers are always learning