• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Is it my turn?

Here goes nothing! :smile: All righty...well, I just graduated from college with a BA in English and a minor in French. I've studied every language I could manage while taking heavy loads of work, so I've dabbled in Japanese, but my studies in Ancient Hebrew have sort of muddled those waters. I began a website a few months back giving advice of every sort ( http://committed.to/leandrasadvice ) and I've had a lot of fun learning about html and tables and....well, a whole new language, really.

As for my martial arts training, I took a few years of Isshinryu karate in high school and managed to attain 7th Kyu (orange belt) before my schoolwork forced me to quit. Now that I'm back in my hometown, I might be starting it up again....depending on those fussy little details like time and money. This site seems to be pretty interesting...I think I'll hang around and bug you guys for a while. :grin:

"Education: The path where one travels from cocky ignorance to miserable uncertainty." --Mark Twain

[ This Message was edited by: Chennpug on 2001-06-02 03:26 ]

"Education: The path where one travels from cocky ignorance to miserable uncertainty." --Mark Twain

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Keep training! I am a green belt in Isshin-Ryu and I'd love to have an online training partner!

-L

"There is no nobility in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility is being superior to your former self."

Thom Yorke

"When a man tries to see into the distance, what does he do? He narrows his eyes."

Lady Miyako, Akira #20

Hiya Froggy! Thanks!

That's a great idea Lorraine...I'll be sure to let you know if I manage to start up again. I'd have to buy a new gi, though...my little sister thought it would be a great idea to paint my grandparents' barn a nice chocolate brown in my gi pants while I was away at college. Oh, those zany kids. *cough* Anyhoo....

welcome CHENNPUG; may you achieve all your wants and goals in life. good luck and good will to you. i like you views on education.

rushman (karate forums sensei)

3rd dan wtf/kukkiwon

"saying nothing...sometimes says the most"--e. dickerson

Thank you, iamrushman! I come from a family of teachers, so education has always been at the forefront of my life...even now, when I've finished (officially...not truly) mine.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there..another college kid. LOL

I greaduted with a masters in Computer Sciences, A masters in Divinity, and A Doctorate in Theology...But now I am just old. :grin:

Look forward to talking to you.

Peace,

Tae

Kyoshi Deborah R. Williams 7th Dan

Founder/Senoir Instructor Tae Su Jutsu

Board member International Martial arts Association.

"Before destruction one's heart is haughty, but humility goes before honor."

Proverbs 18:12