• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ive seen a few of em so far, and have asked fellow kickboxers what there routines are but i think ill come here and ask now ;) for you muay thai or bjj practitioners, what kinda of routine do you do ? for leg strength, shin strength, power, speed, endurance, you name it and im interested heh ;)

~BladeLee~

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sheesh that is certainly a loaded question and if I were to attempt to post routines to target all those areas I would surely have some sore fingers! :lol:

But seriously if you do a search (most specifically in Health & Fitness forum) for "leg strength", "shin strength", "power", "speed", "endurance" drills .... you will surely come up with some threads on these areas! :up:

... certainly these areas are not only Kickboxing/Boxing/Muay Thai-specific but are important in all areas of martial arts!

Your completely right kickchick :) but i dont mean everything you do for those topics, just a few things. Ill name a few of mine ;)not all i do, but some of it.

Leg strength - Lifting, Repetitive kicks on the bag.

Shin Strength - Heavy bag, continous kicking ;), find a hard object like a wall and kick it with your shin for a while, hurts but ;) i usually keep my mind somewhere else.

Overall power - Lifting mostly

Overall speed - bag work, jump rope, repetitive kicks/punching, sparring

Endurance - Running(only when its warm out though) bag work, jump rope, boxing, wrestling

^^^^ just a small example ;) it probably is alot to list but i figure if your reading the forums you probably dont have alot of other things that need done anyhow so ya might as well spend your time listing a routine :) hehe

~BladeLee~

haha ;) im not injuring myself that bad whiteshark ;) and i do it sparingly. The main reason I do do it, is so that my body kinda gets used to the feeling. I remember when I first started sparring years ago, and took shots to the shin, man did it hurt. Now i can take many shots and feel fine, and i believe this conditioning has helped a bit. Like i said, i do it sparingly, and not full force ;) but thats just my opinion :)

~BladeLee~

• 3 months later...

Well the way I train is weight/bodybuilding in the mornings (Monday-Friday) pluss Cardio and stretching (Before and after).

Evenings:

Monday: Kickboxing/Krav Maga

Tuesday: Kickboxing

Wednesday: Kickboxing/Krav Maga

Thursday: Kickboxing/Sparring(Kickboxing)

Saturday: Krav Maga

Krava Maga has a lot of Muay Thai Techniques pluss a whole lot more more.

The stuff I do in Kickboxing and Krav Maga would take too long to explain here.

I also train at home and sometimes with my friends from our gym.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, my fitness routine is as follows

Monday: Bodyweight exercises

Tuesday: Cardio and thorough stretching

Wednesday: Bodyweight exercises

Thursday: Cardio and thorough stretching

Friday: Bodyweight exercises

I take the weekends off.

Bodyweight exercises are as follows; Situps, Pushups, Fingertip Pushups, Pullups, Hindu Squats, Back Bridge, Deep Horseriding Stance, Isometric Leg Holds

Cardio will be whatever I feel like - Sometimes something long but not too intense, sometimes intense and short - Jogging, running, sprinting, skipping, exercise bike, bagwork, etc. etc.

Stretching I do 3 sets of 12 leg swings to front/side/rear and then a long relaxing stretchout.

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com

Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 1:23 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kicking immovable objects only leads to injury DO NOT DO IT!

I am so tired of seeing that specific bit of bad advice. Kick pads, kick bags, kick your friends don't kick walls trees or anything else!!!

good advice.. DO NOT KICK ANYTHING HARDER THAN YOR SHIN.. it will damage your shin

To advance the art,

To honor my sifu,

To fight for the sake of the fight.