• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Who is the most influential martial artist of our era?

Is the most influential choice based on how one person feels??

OR

Is the most influential choice based on how a group feels??

OR

Is the most influential choice based on how the masses feels??

:idea:

I apologize for my not being much more clear in this, as I should've directed these questions to DWx because she's the author of this topic/thread. I'm trying to ascertain her thoughts on what she's asking of us.

If the answer is of the first question above, then, in my opinion, there's no wrong answer because whomever finds said MAist as an influence TO THAT PERSON, it bears that mark. How can I then say to that person, "I don't agree with that!!", when, after all, that's that persons opinion.

Albeit, that, which I've just described above, fits quite well with questions #2 and #3 for that group and for the masses. Opinions are just that, and while they shouldn't be subjective to interpretations, that's exactly what happens.

My choices of whomever has influenced ME is MY choice. What choices of whomever has influenced the SKKA, our governing body, is OUR choice as a group. What choices of whomever has influenced the MASSES is THEIR choice. Are any of them honestly wrong in their choice(s)...really??

There are many great MAist chosen in this thread, and while I might not agree with all of their choice(s) of influences here, I don't interject my thoughts because I'm not, well, that person, nor am I of that group, nor am I part of that masses.

Martial Artists, are oftentimes quite quick to pass judgment on one another, over everything, before considering the value that might be found, in a haste to discredit.

Imho!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic