• 4 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shaolin Fighter, are u talking about japenese jui jitsu or brazillian jui jitsu? And no offense kensai, but i dun think any style is COMPLETE. A COMPLETE style would include every MA technique...no style does, neither would a universal style like that be any good...it would be just too hard to learn...i know the idea behind aikido and its certainly not complete...if it was complete you could use it in MMA and not juss against streetfighters. I know the whole rules argument but think about the early UFCs with groin shots and everything allowed...grapplers won anyhoo. No offense to strikers or anything(i strike too) but ur argument is that u'll juss strike tot he throat or eye gouge, use pressue points er somfin...but its juss not that easy. it never is. wat about fighting a grappling that's concious of the fact that u WILL try cheapo moves like dat and it prepared to defende them...wat if he slaps on a submission before you can do anything...it really isn't hard to submit a non-grappler...and don't even say that a pure striker would usually stop a takedown...I DUN THINK SO...9 out of 10 times the grappler WILL win. I used to be a pure striker and was in denial as well. but thats juss the way it is. believe me, i love striking, i'd love to live in a world where flashy kicks were effective street fighting techniques. but it isn't so...plus most street fights either go to the ground or are in grappling range(standing)

"razor elbows, killer knees, iron fists and monster kicks"

"Nice punch!!!, now let's see how well you punch with a broken arm"

• 3 weeks later...