• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Cross-train with Ju-Jitsu

I hate thoery based systems.

Thats why I like:

Shaolin

2000+ old, helped defeat the Armies of the mongols. Oh and undefeated in single combat challenges to Shaolin temple.

Japanese Jujutsu

1000+ years old, SAMURAI! Does not get more practical than that!

Aikijutsu

900+ Years old, SAMURAI!

Ninjutsu

No reason needed

Aikido

Japanese/UK/French and Dutch police. O Sensei Ueshiba.

TKD

General Choi and used in Korean Army

Karate,

Oyama, Funkoshi need I say more

Judo

Japanese police

Hsing I, Tai Chi and Ba Gua,

Taught to China's Republican Army

No theory there old bean!;)

Take Care.

Edited by Kensai

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that was harsh. one thing to understand though is that alot of martial artists take classes for more than just "self defense".

I agree 100%...

But if you do learn self-defence it should NOT be based on theory!

Limits Are Not Accepted. They Are Elbowed, Kicked And Punched.

Shaolin

2000+ old, helped defeat the Armies of the mongols. Oh and undefeated in single combat challenges to Shaolin temple.

- Let me guess they used Carne style or Snake style to defeat them right?Oh one more thing how many Kung fu schools train for war?

Japanese Jujutsu

1000+ years old, SAMURAI! Does not get more practical than that!

- Yes is does get more practical then that, how many modern day Samurai's do you know walk around with swords?

Aikijutsu

900+ Years old, SAMURAI!

- read above!

Ninjutsu

No reason needed

- No, I believe I need one!

Aikido

Japanese/UK/French and Dutch police. O Sensei Ueshiba.

- Oh yeah buddy, when I watch "COPS" or other live Police shows I always see Steven Segal style fights and techniques used by cops :roll:, do they use the techniques before or after they punch, kick, jump and arrest their man?

TKD

General Choi and used in Korean Army

- So all TKD practitioners train TKD like they do in the Korean army?

Karate,

Oyama, Funkoshi need I say more

- No, please say more!

Judo

Japanese police

- read Aikido!

Hsing I, Tai Chi and Ba Gua,

Taught to China's Republican Army

- Great, and in only 20 years they will be able to defend themselves! Sign me up! :roll:

Kensai, you may read my posts but you do not understand them and as a result you don't understand me.

I look at martial arts in ring/street effective, proven techniques, no nonsense, modern training and thinking also I want facts not theory! I don't care for art, fancy techniques, kata's/forms, useless weapons and old training and thinking. This is why I don't care about Samurai's or what happened 2000 years ago, what does that have to do with modern times and modern martial artists? I don't think Muay Thai is the best art, but I believe it's one of the better ones for effective, no nonsense training and thinking for ring and street fights, the same can be said about Boxing, Pankration, JKD, Shootfighting... When I go to Muay Thai class I want to hit bags, spar, get punched and kicked and counter with a smile. When I'm in JKD I want to grapple and force my opponent to tap out. When I'm in Kali class I want to learn how to use a knife in a defensive and offensive manner, since a knife is the most common weapon on the streets. I'm not going to get any of this from Kung Fu, Karate, or TKD, and if I do, it won't be much since most of the time I'll be learning Kata's/forms, blocks, several stance, the use of a staff, kama, sai and other things that will not help in a real fight. Lets be HONEST in a real fight people, punch, kick, elbow, knee, headbutt, foot stomps, use soccer style kicks, use of guns, knifes and other stabbing weapons, this is what you see on the street. I am still waiting to see footage of aikido style throws or wrist locks, karate blocks, stances or weapons, TKD's fancy kicks, blocks, stances or someone using Crane style or Monkey style in a real fight. If you got a video/clip send it to me! PLEASE!

Kensai...

I understand you're into the art aspect of your style and you enjoy talking about it and embracing it and I respect that. I have always understood that from your posts.

As for me I'm into styles that have ring/street effective, proven techniques that have modern training and thinking habits. I live in the year 2002, in a city full of guns, knifes and thugs, as a result my training needs to prepare me for that.

We both have different views of the martial arts!

Wow, I leave the screen for just a minute and I miss all the action! LOL

Thai, the Chin Na that I have learned is basically the same as the JJ I have also been taught. There is no theory to prove behind a good arm bar, wrist lock, choke hold, arm manipulation, take down, neck control, leg lock, ankle break, etc. as you've probably seen many of them. These moves and holds, or slight variations of them, are universal to many systems. Many schools teach Chin Na or JJ without ever naming it as such, incorporating it into a self defence set. Anyway, this thread has really become interesting. I'm glad we are getting some mileage out of it. :lol:

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.