• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Cross-train with Ju-Jitsu

I am sure that a good practioner of Chin Na could hold there own against BJJ Sambo, as the Japanese main land arts are based on Chin Na.

Chin Na is pretty amazing, from what I've seen it can even compare with Aikijutsu and that says something. I'd put a [good] Chin Na practitioner up against any of the main grappling arts any day.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chin Na is the Chinese art of seizing and controlling an opponent. It has influenced many Japanese arts, so I would guess that the techniques are used in many different systems. It is associated with Kung Fu systems. It is part of my training and has helped me become a decent grappler. I also rely on some wrestling experience as well. If you are really interested in finding out more do a search on the internet and you will get a decent resume on how it has influenced other arts including jujutsu.

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

Chin Na has excisted for 2000 years, I am sure it has proven itself in that time ;)

Just because it has not appeared on some TV show, does not mean it does not work. Some Martial Arts have not sold themselves out to entertainment just yet ;)

Take Care.

Well...

It's just that so many Kung Fu practitioners talk about how great it is and how it "could" compete against other grappling styles, but all this is based on theory.

I have seen MANY grappling tournaments, and not a single Chin Na practitioner has competed. I'm always on the Underground Forum (MMA) and their is nothing on or about Chin Na or even Chin Na practitioners who have won or even competed in any open grappling tournaments, I have also checked the internet and their is nothing about Chin Na competitors.

Just because it has not appeared on some TV show, does not mean it does not work.

There are no open grappling tournaments on TV, and yet we all know Sambo, BJJ, Shooto, Judo, Wrestling... all work.

All I hear is smack and get no action!

Limits Are Not Accepted. They Are Elbowed, Kicked And Punched.

Yeah, what's with all these people not competing? Don't they know they have something to prove to us? Wouldn't they rather be fighting all the time instead of enjoying the fact that in this day and age they don't have to?

(sorry... sarcasm :))

I think we'd have far fewer competitors out there if there weren't usually rules set in place in competitions that mean to allow those fighters to walk back out at the end of the day. Which is something the creators of the millennia-old arts out there might have a good laugh at... "The losers live? You fight for fun? What's wrong with you people? I just want to survive!". Unfortunately they'd also have a good laugh at the way their arts are usually taught now... but I'd hope the real thing is still out there somewhere.

If you want to see if a style really works... endanger the life of someone who knows it well. And a few others for good measure (the first guy might have had a bad day). Outside of that, I don't know how definite an answer you could hope to get.

And if some of those arts don't do well in structured competition... well... I don't think that really bothers them.

1st Dan Hapkido

Colored belts in Kempo and Jujitsu

I think we'd have far fewer competitors out there if there weren't usually rules set in place in competitions that mean to allow those fighters to walk back out at the end of the day.

UFC 1-3, Vale Tudo 1-5 had no rules (eye gouges and groin kicks were legal), and people walked out alive.

And if some of those arts don't do well in structured competition... well... I don't think that really bothers them

It does and did bother them because traditionalist began to out lash against the sport (NHB/MMA) because their arts and students (Karate, TKD, Kung-Fu) were being beaten badly by hybrid and modern styles.

The truth of the matter is if you can't defend yourself in a fighting sport with rules, then how will you defend yourself on the streets with no rules?

Oh, but wait, most people on this board base their training on Theory, and since their theory works in there heads and in the dojo with willing people then it must work in a real fight :roll:

I hope you enjoy your "theory" based training :roll: Good Luck!

Limits Are Not Accepted. They Are Elbowed, Kicked And Punched.

"Oh, but wait, most people on this board base their training on Theory, and since their theory works in there heads and in the dojo with willing people then it must work in a real fight

I hope you enjoy your "theory" based training Good Luck!"

that was harsh. one thing to understand though is that alot of martial artists take classes for more than just "self defense".

(im tired, if that didn't make sense then just ignore it :lol: )