• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Cross-train with Ju-Jitsu

Thai_Kick said:

"I would bet EVERYTHING I HAVE that NO ONE on this board would have the drive or guts to kill another human, and that includes me as well."

Choose wisley what you say Thai_kick. If you're willing to beth "EVERYTHING" on your statement, then you indeed would lose everything. Come, break in my house at where my wife and family are, and watch how fast you have a 10gauge magnum 00 buckshot through your chest.

You're statement is incorrect. Threaten my wife or family, and you will find out just how deadly things become. And THAT I'm sure every one in this forum will agree upon.

Personally, I would not want to test the drive of guts of another person to kill another persn.. Why? Because I don't know that person, I don't know wether they have it or not. You don't know me or who I am, or any one else on this board. Your statement may ring true to you. But to you only.

Don't pretend to know the measure of my resolve, when it come to matters of life and death.

Understand this, a man without honor, is not a man at all, but a coward in disquise.

Animis Opibusque Parati

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kensai, Doumo Arigatou Gozaimasu. Thank you very much. When it comes the things that are most precious to you, you can't afford to take any chances. :karate:

Understand this, a man without honor, is not a man at all, but a coward in disquise.

Animis Opibusque Parati

My God, we finally have some people talking sense here.......takes me back to the days of IAMRUSHMAN and TAESUJUTSUDRW.

I like it..........I like it a lot.......

"You Are Never Given A Dream Without Also Being Given The Power To Make It True. You May Have To Work For It, However"

Principal Kobudo Instructor & Owner

West Yorkshire Kobudo Academy

2nd Kyu (Matayoshi Okinawan Kobudo, IOKA UK)

Thai Kick,

I agree with you 100 percent. That's why I started training in JKD. We also train in JKD grappling/groundfighting. Also MT I like that a lot. Since I studied TKD in the past MT is a little easier for me than some other beginners.

Thats what I like about JKD everything just seems to flow in this art. If Shaolin and other kung-fu systems are the total package then why do they get beat by grapplers so much? Because they aren't the total package. I think JKD is one of the most effective systems because they deal with just about everthing..........

Thai_Kick,

I've got to be honest with you. Every single Muay Thai guy I have ever fought has been a panzy. All they do is relentlessly try to kick me in the thigh or barage me with kicks and punches (all of which, BTW, are telepathed). Thai fighting is for the ring. It's a competition style. Sure it works sometimes on the street. But not everyone you fight on the street is trained to fight.

Listen, I have been in plenty of fights; not just here in America either. I have fought in the Philippines and other SouthEast Asian countries. I spent a long time living there. Whatever picture you have painted in your mind about Muay Thai it is false.

Yes, Muay Thai sometimes works. But then again so can Aikido or even karate against the right opponent. Honestly I have yet to fight a guy on the street who knows a 1/4 of anything about fighting. With them it's all about the rush, the mental attack to freeze you up, and wild, rampant attacks trying to hurt you. None of these guys is trained in what he is doing. I have fought Kali, Arnis guys on the street. What happened? They lost. I have fought guys trying to kill me with knives and sticks, and one guy even tried a pair of nunchaku! They lost. I have also fought men I considered to be of great skill, who were using that skill in the wrong way. I have fought much, almost none of it in vain(without a purpose) What does that mean? Probably nothing, but it does prove one thing: my opinion is different than yours. My opinion is probably better than yours and you should probably just give in to my superior knowledge.

C'mon! Listen to what you're saying.

Anything you're using in Muay Thai was first a theory before it became a technique. All action was first thought in some form. Theory, theory, theory? Life is built on theories. We have light, power, locomotion all because of theory. Our military mights are founded on theories and then cemented in practice. Theory is not the evil you hate, no, I don't think that it is. I think something else vexes you. Theory is your friend, you just don't see it yet.

I'm sorry that you've had bad experiences in your knife fights. I wouldn't necessarily blame yourself. Perhaps your training was lacking. Yes, I am pretty well versed with the Filipino arts (would you like me to speak to you in any of three dialects?)

About killing? I think you have greatly underestimated the human spirit, the human will to survive. If you count the people here as not having the ability to kill when called upon then you have made a critical error as a strategist. If that were true, then the wars that have been fought in this world's history never would have happened. The soldiers fighting those wars were not very different from you and I; they were just placed in a position where it was necessary for them to kill.

Thus, if someone put me in such a position I would kill. In other situation would I? No, but IF necessary I would. Would you like application to back that up? Or is my theory fine? I was once placed in a situation where I almost killed two men. It was in the Philippines with my wife and son. If they had pursued their course they would be dead. Luckily they did not. Also, someone once tried to shoot my father law. I chased him down with a gun with the intent to shoot him for endangering my wife. I would not have hesitated or faltered as you seem to presume the majority of humans to do.

For YOU Thai_Kick the martial arts have been constricted to a number of styles and arts; and you have missed the greater soul of the martial arts. I won't try to lead you to this path, I don't really have the time, nor inclination. (Also this is near impossible through the internet alone--nothing replaces a teacher)

You would do better not to so quickly discredit the theories of others. Just because no one has publically proven them, does not disprove them.

I do not fight NHB/MMA because that is not why I train. I train in the martial arts to have the ability to defend my family and promote peace among my neighbors(usually through neutralizing the drunk, or domestic disturbance) I am not a "RING FIGHTER" and I never will be. Does that make me any less of a martial artist? I don't think it does. Is my training any less than that of those who train to fight in the ring? No, in fact, my training is better. I have had training that you cannot find in any school. Training that is not for sale or for competition. These things you will never find within the walls of a school. My teacher did his job well. My life has done well to supplement his teachings.

I don't think there is anything more to say. I'm sure, though, you'll find something witty to remark about. And I appreciate that you will at least give some thought to what I have written, even if none of it is productive.

That's all. I wish you a good and productive life. (Hopefully void of any fighting at all; because that is the best life: The life in which one does not fight at all. That is the life I am striving for.)

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." Einstein

HOLY SH*T...

I'm sick of arguing about this topic, I really don't care what you have to say Martial_Artist I really don't, BUT do I respect the fact that you have been there and done that, but come on...

Whatever picture you have painted in your mind about Muay Thai it is false.

You know, I have fought in the ring and on the streets, I've been there and done that, don't tell me I painted a false picture, please don't. The only people that have false pictures are the illusions that many on this board have put in their mind about street fights, knife fights and their own abilities. I have no painting, only cut's, stab wounds, welts and bruises from experience, and that is from which I speak of "EXPERIENCE" not theory, or illusions but EXPERIENCE! I have a bright future in Muay Thai and MMA, I have been fortunate enough to surround myself with great fighters and athletes that train me, some of which you may know of, I'll be making a name for myself soon in main stream MMA events, I'll be opening my own club in 2-3 years, I have a diploma in Web-design and Multi-media also certificates "Masters DWI Design" and "Micro-soft Professional", life's good and productive.

you have missed the greater soul of the martial arts. I won't try to lead you to this path

No, no I haven't! I just choose not go down someone else's path or way of thinking; I always make my own path and think for myself. It's called self-expression! Maybe you should do the same Martial_Artists, instead of following some else's version or way of finding the greater soul of the martial arts, try to choose or find your own way!

Anyways I have had enough of this topic! BORING!

Limits Are Not Accepted. They Are Elbowed, Kicked And Punched.

:lol:

Look guys, we have argued this one for sometime. When it comes down to it we should just respect eachothers opinion.

I now respect Thai_Kicks point of view, which is no thrills fighting. Just getting the job done. Which is a great way to become a good fighter, a martial fighter perhaps not an artist, but I think Thai_Kick does not do it for that.

Martial_Artist, I also completely agree with what you are saying. I think also a martial art is what you make it.

Thats just IMHO ofcourse.

Take Care.