Cross-train with Ju-Jitsu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree Freestyler. I have had this debate before in here. I can see the benefits of Cross Training, but I have always been a traditionalist. The style I study, Aikido, is already a mixture of Kenjujutsu, Yarijutsu, Daito Ryu jujutsu, Jujutsu, BaGua and Chi Kung. So I already have so much to learn.

Its down to the individual, but Shaolin and Jujutsu, are really complete systems compared to most. Ofcourse they have to be taught well. If you study one of them really hard, you wont need another. But thats just IMHO.

Take Care.

Chin Na...

I always hear about this Kung Fu art, when a topic about grappling comes along. Does anyone train in this style, have you or anyone you now entered a open grappling tournament using Chin Na and won? Can it even compete against Sambo, BJJ, Wrestling...?

Limits Are Not Accepted. They Are Elbowed, Kicked And Punched.

Chin Na, is a very powerful system of breaking and seizing. Usually involved with Shaolin and the Wudang Kung Fu.

I am sure that a good practioner of Chin Na could hold there own against BJJ Sambo, as the Japanese main land arts are based on Chin Na.

Take Care.