• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What do you say..?

do you say Karate or your arts name while talking to people??  

16 members have voted

1. 1. do you say Karate or your arts name while talking to people??

• Karate
    • Your arts Name

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
You people have it easy. Try telling someone you are practicing Kuk Sool Won. Their heads turn on an angle, similar to a what a dog would do, and repeat back to me some blurb that might be considered offensive to some. :o It's easier just to say martial arts instead.

It's happy hour somewhere in the world.

I usually say I'm going to class. Unless I'm helping teach, then I say "Ai-yi-yi". Most of my friends know I take karate, they just don't usually remember what the name of it is. Tae kwon do and kung fu are the most recognized arts, by the general public at my school. I can understand why some of you wouldn't tell that you practice. It comes with a lot of (ahem) comments of unpleasant nature. Especially if your short. And a girl. Not that I'm complaining. Being small has advantages in shotokan, and bjj, plus other arts, I'm sure. I think I'm about 1.67 or something like that. Anyway, monkeygirl, I agree. Short people rock.

Dee

Dee C.

Normal ( 'nor-m&l)-

an adj. used by humans to stereotype

Generally I say that i'm just working out. If I do say that i'm practicing karate, the bastards normally ask: Are u a black belt? :dodgy: are u a "dangerous person?" Those moments i just wish i had the "force" like Darh Vader :wink:

Read a book!