• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What do you say..?

do you say Karate or your arts name while talking to people??  

16 members have voted

1. 1. do you say Karate or your arts name while talking to people??

• Karate
    • Your arts Name

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I always say I'm going training, if they ask what kind of training? Then I tell them Muay thai. The only problem with that is some people (mostly girls) don't know what Muay Thai is, they think it's like Karate or Kung Fu :roll: So I have to explain it to them! :roll:

Limits Are Not Accepted. They Are Elbowed, Kicked And Punched.

ummm... my art is karate :)

Goju Ryu Karate-do and Okinawan Kobudo, 17 Years Old 1st kyu Brown Belt in in Goju Ryu Karate-do, & Shodan in Okinawan Kobudo

Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both....and surpass the result.

I AM CANADIAN

I just say (to non-friends) that I'm going to class. My friends know I take Tae Kwon Do. They automatically know what I mean when I say "class." When I did Tang Soo Do, I said "karate." One reason is because TSD was "nicknamed" Korean Karate a lot anyhow. Not many (at all, that is) knew what Tang Soo Do was. It's definitely not as popular as TKD. TKD here (NY) is REALLY popular, so most people know what it is.

Laurie F

Either I don't tell them that I take Muay Thai or I do and tell them that I take kickboxing because it is easier to say.

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

If it comes up I say Hap Ki Do, if they don't understand I try and explain it to them, but I usualy end up saying yes karate. Its the only thing most non MAist understand.

2nd Dan Hap Ki Do: What we do in life echos for an eternity!

I tend to say Shotokan instead of Karate no reason.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."