• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

whats your favourite weapon and why?

MAfreak

Manji Sai...why? Because it is a cursed weapon that I got stuck with!!!!

I both love and hate this weapons!!!!

I have been training with it almost exclusively for 7 years and still can't get it right!

Godan in Ryukyu Kempo

Head of the Shubu Kan Dojo in Watertown, NY

(United Ryukyu Kempo Alliance)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be fun, if I could figure out anyone that would be interested in it. The Aikido club here does some paired weapons practice with jo, bo, and bokken, so some of them might be into it. Our TKD school does no weapons work, so everything I've done on my own has just been dabbling in things I've read.

How would a seminar work? I have no swords of my own that are suitable for any kind of practice.

That would be fun, if I could figure out anyone that would be interested in it. The Aikido club here does some paired weapons practice with jo, bo, and bokken, so some of them might be into it. Our TKD school does no weapons work, so everything I've done on my own has just been dabbling in things I've read.

How would a seminar work? I have no swords of my own that are suitable for any kind of practice.

I can bring a ton of loaners.

As for how it would work, well first we would need a date and a location. After that, I, and possibly one of our other longsword instructors, would come up.

We would bring loaner swords, mostly polymers but some steel, some copies of books that are good to look in to, and other kit that would be good have to play with.

We would teach some classes, show the equipment, and be available for discussions on getting a study group started, finding sources to work from, and contacting the wider community. All with the intent of, hopefully, kick starting a local group for you to play with.

:D

Think first, act second, and stop getting the two confused.