• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

If I had the time or $$ I'd do X, Y, & Z.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Experience zero gravity in space, not the parabola flight, but legit like a spaceman :D Skydiving is great, but I think zero-G would be something else! I could be the first person to pull off a 70000 degree spin kick :D :D :D

Im with Zaine on the island, build a sanctuary and training centre where all were welcome - An island actually went up for sale around here recently - 300 acres and a personal airstrip for 1.6million.....

Do nothing but train, teach karate, and tinker mad-scientist style in my workshop (which I would also need to build).

I don't know if you'd be the first to do a 70000 degree spin kick. Most of the astronauts are military people (I assume), and I'd bet one or two are/were martial artists. Even if there weren't martial artists to ever go to space, people get bored.

An untold stories of astronauts in space book would probably have some pretty weird things in it.

Experience zero gravity in space, not the parabola flight, but legit like a spaceman :D Skydiving is great, but I think zero-G would be something else! I could be the first person to pull off a 70000 degree spin kick :D :D :D

Im with Zaine on the island, build a sanctuary and training centre where all were welcome - An island actually went up for sale around here recently - 300 acres and a personal airstrip for 1.6million.....

Do nothing but train, teach karate, and tinker mad-scientist style in my workshop (which I would also need to build).

I don't know if you'd be the first to do a 70000 degree spin kick. Most of the astronauts are military people (I assume), and I'd bet one or two are/were martial artists. Even if there weren't martial artists to ever go to space, people get bored.

An untold stories of astronauts in space book would probably have some pretty weird things in it.

Ronald McNair, who died in the Challenger disaster, was 5th Dan Karate. :karate:

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

I would buy my own island and invite the best martial artists from around the world to compete. But unbeknownst to them I'd be running my criminal empire under their very feet, my fingers would be in all sorts of pies, drug production, prostitution and have random old men locked up for having the nerve to be homeless. I would hire a boat load of incompetent guards to protect me from pesky men hired by intelligence agencies to plot my downfall........... Hang on a minute..... Something feels very familiar about all this!!! :D :lol:

Seriously though, I would love to travel to Japan and train there for some time. I've also thought I'd speak to my instructor to see if he would like a purpose built Dojo, while we have all the equipment we need, the hall is a bit small and gets overcrowded sometimes and, a lot of time can be wasted getting punch bags or mats up and down. So a hall split into 3 sections for bag work, floor work and a matted area for throws and the like would be ideal. He's been in there 45 years though, so he might not actually want a new place.

Mo.

Be water, my friend.

Training road trip....over and over again.

On the list, I'd visit the nations of origin of the arts I do. An extending time in Brazil and the Philippines would be a must. Given I started in a kempo art, Okinawa and Japan would be on the list as well. Although at this point that would be a much more intellectual visit than anything.

From there, I'd make a point to tick off regular trips to individuals who I either have trained with and want to spend more time with or haven't gotten to see yet. Rickson Gracie, the academy in Torrence, Roy Harris, Henry Akins, the list is pretty endless on that front. I'd have to get time with Tim Wade in the States for PTK and Prado in the Philippines.

As to new arts, I'd take up Kendo. If I don't have to worry about work, I can squeeze it in. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Definitely the island! I agree with everything Zaine said about it, that would be the best kind of life I can think to live. I'd like to add some kind of cross training opportunities or areas, where different martial artists can meet up and not compete against each other, but share their arts with one another! They could sparr, just check out the other arts or even try them out and see how it is compared to their own style. I experienced a bit of that last night at my first Chito Ryu class. A blackbelt and I just compared the techniques and some kata and we had such a blast doing it.

I look at these folks like Dave Kvor, Ernie Reyes, & Tom Callos, who have taught their base Art while also training & getting proficient in other Arts out of love & curiosity for what else is out there & what they can do. It's not about racking up rank, but gaining experiences & challenging oneself.

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

I look at these folks like Dave Kvor, Ernie Reyes, & Tom Callos, who have taught their base Art while also training & getting proficient in other Arts out of love & curiosity for what else is out there & what they can do. It's not about racking up rank, but gaining experiences & challenging oneself.

Solid post!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Sigh...

And just like that my dream is dead :D

"We did not inherit this earth from our parents.

We are borrowing it from our children."