• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Martial arts mentality to fight cancer!

I don't know what transpired with the former instructor, and maybe I'm out of line saying this...

Perhaps letting him know how you feel about the current situation will change things. Even the most irrational people can put things aside for a thank you for something as big as this. If my worst enemy (I don't have one) reached out and thanked me under circumstances like this, I'd be cordial.

Again, perhaps I'm out of line, or perhaps it'll make things worse. Just speaking my mind. I think you know me well enough to know my intent here.

Agreed! I did however try to be the bigger person in a simple disagreement that led to separation and as I heard he was packing up and moving to Japan, myself and my family offered a gift and my children wrote him letters. I asked for him to please meet with us just to give him these things. Message showed read, NO REPLY! I have no problem letting go of the past and making an attemp at making amends, but not really the type to follow a person around and try repeatedly! I set an example to my family, who knew exactly what happened in the past, by doing what I thought a good person would do. He did what he felt he needed to do which wasn't the same thing, no worries.

Hustle and hard work are a substitute for talent!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad to hear things like that about your instructor, but, imho, that concern pales drastically compared to what Angela is facing day in and day out. Sensei's come and go...students come and go...these things can be replaced with ease. However, children aren't replaceable. Let your instructor go his way, and you go your way; other things are much more important, imho!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Sad to hear things like that about your instructor, but, imho, that concern pales drastically compared to what Angela is facing day in and day out. Sensei's come and go...students come and go...these things can be replaced with ease. However, children aren't replaceable. Let your instructor go his way, and you go your way; other things are much more important, imho!

:)

Your very right. Ya know, sometimes it doesn't matter what people do when you reach out to them, because it's your actions you have to live with. Sometimes all you can do is try your best to do the right thing, and one can only hope it's received well. If not, that's on them to carry that!

Thanks again.

Life will throw all kinds of challenges at us. It sounds like your daughter has taken the bull by the horns, and is really fighting hard.

I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks guys. The Doctor Who is treating her has stated that he feels 90% recovery is an accurate assessment of where this fight is today for kids under 15. As I have researched it recently, never researched it prior to this day unfortunately, I have found this to very but pretty accurate.

This is all I hear, because 90% is pretty fricken good :)

Thanks guys. The Doctor Who is treating her has stated that he feels 90% recovery is an accurate assessment of where this fight is today for kids under 15. As I have researched it recently, never researched it prior to this day unfortunately, I have found this to very but pretty accurate.

This is all I hear, because 90% is pretty fricken good :)

That's great news, that's for sure!!

:D

**Proof is on the floor!!!

All the very best to your daughter and her fight!! Like you say the outlook is positive, so that's a great point to focus on to and kick forward. So positive wishes and thought to your daughter and the rest of your family.

Mo.

Be water, my friend.

its a scientific fact, that a positive mentally attitude helps.

because of "happiness hormones" instead of stress hormones which influences the immune system.

since she has fighting spirit due to her martial arts background, it should help to get through this situation.

i wish her all the best, get well soon!