• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Thanks for sharing the video.

As the video demonstration is from a Wing Chun perspective, Iron palm kung fu also utilizes the slap idea but to the extreme.

Loose hand strikes are IMO very effective for speed, distractions and setups for more heavier blows.

I like the shock value a slap can deliver in an instant. A spin with the second slap can be more shocking than the first, stunning the opponent or knocking the person out.

Or used as an open hand slap and back hand, to the face and as well as combination chops to the throat and neck. Spear hand jabs also work well with the slaps and chops to the face, neck and throat.

Open hand slaps can be super fast and difficult to counter. Reality based martial artists often use the slap, so do the none martial art community world wide.

Thanks for sharing the video.

As the video demonstration is from a Wing Chun perspective, Iron palm kung fu also utilizes the slap idea but to the extreme.

Loose hand strikes are IMO very effective for speed, distractions and setups for more heavier blows.

I like the shock value a slap can deliver in an instant. A spin with the second slap can be more shocking than the first, stunning the opponent or knocking the person out.

Or used as an open hand slap and back hand, to the face and as well as combination chops to the throat and neck. Spear hand jabs also work well with the slaps and chops to the face, neck and throat.

Open hand slaps can be super fast and difficult to counter. Reality based martial artists often use the slap, so do the none martial art community world wide.

I agree the open hand strike can be very effective..I had used it once for real and the person was totally disoriented

http://www.youtube.com/user/sifumcilwrath

"When the student is ready the master will appear"