• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Checkin in at customs from Philly :)

JohnR

I started training with my son a few years back. Always wanted to as a kid. Enrolled my son and then didn't want to waste father son time sitting there watching him train so I ghi'd up and haven't regretted it. Met some really awesome people and trained with some amazing sensei's from many different orgs and got out of the McDojo and into some serious training. Been out of the dojo for a few months now as i've been setting up a business I did not realize I was starting lol, but will be heading back in next week.

Great to meet you all.

The pleasure of those who injure you lies in your pain. Therefore they will suffer if you take away their pleasure by not feeling pain.

Tertullian

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Welcome to KF, JonnR; glad that you're here!!

Nice to hear it when parent(s) and kid(s) train together; very rewarding!! Don't worry, after you finish setting up the business, the floor will still welcome you back with open arms!!

:bowofrespect:

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Welcome to KF, JonnR; glad that you're here!!

Nice to hear it when parent(s) and kid(s) train together; very rewarding!! Don't worry, after you finish setting up the business, the floor will still welcome you back with open arms!!

Been in and out of here many times. Just never set up a user acct. Been Lurking lol.

Look forward to returning to the dojo floor. Son and I have some good laughs especially when my sensei turns me upside down with some new stuff lol. He's a Brown belt and I'm a purple, but I've been off the testing grid for awhile as I am studying some of Ushiro sensei's teachings with another sensei at the dojo. Wish I had started much earlier in life, but better late than never

Thanks!

The pleasure of those who injure you lies in your pain. Therefore they will suffer if you take away their pleasure by not feeling pain.

Tertullian

Welcome to the forum!

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

Welcome aboard, JohnR! Glad to have you. I have a good friend who lives outside Philadelphia and have been up to visit him once and see the city. Really cool place. We spent a day and a half or so exploring and I felt like we only scratched the surface. Look forward to coming back.

Patrick

• 2 weeks later...