• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Water Heavy Bag in the Winter

neoravencroft

One could always fill a Wavemaster with sand, instead of water. I don't know if anti-freeze or rock salt would degrade the integrity of the bladder inside the water bag. But, my thinking is that it would. But it's not my area of expertise.

I'd not fill it all the way with sand because if it gets that cold, then the base might crack on way or another.

Would you be apposed to bringing the Wavemaster inside of the house, if there's room and your wife won't object?!?

Cause, it would be a hassle to empty and fill the bag every time you want to work out...I sure wouldn't. Do you have a way to hang a regular heavy bag? If so, I'd go that route because it won't require water or sand or rock salt; just a strong beam to hang from.

:)

That might be the only option open for me depending on how insulated this garage is gonna be, because my fiancee would object bringing that thing in and out of the house all the time.

"When I have listened to my mistakes, I have grown." ~Bruce Lee

• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I've been hitting a Century Wavemaster XXL for a few days now at my local YMCA. It's not bad, but I'd take a hanging bag any day of the week.

It slides around a bit, you can't get too close to it without the base coming up and dropping on your toes, and it doesn't swing.

In case you're considering one.

I'd stick to a rag filled hanging bag. I'm going to buy an Outslayer Muay Thai bag when I've got the space cleared out in my basement.

You can get a 150 lb 6ft bag filled for $225 with free shipping. And you can pick from different color combos. I've heard nothing but great things about them.

Outslayer.com

One could always fill a Wavemaster with sand, instead of water. I don't know if anti-freeze or rock salt would degrade the integrity of the bladder inside the water bag. But, my thinking is that it would. But it's not my area of expertise.

I'd not fill it all the way with sand because if it gets that cold, then the base might crack on way or another.

Would you be apposed to bringing the Wavemaster inside of the house, if there's room and your wife won't object?!?

Cause, it would be a hassle to empty and fill the bag every time you want to work out...I sure wouldn't. Do you have a way to hang a regular heavy bag? If so, I'd go that route because it won't require water or sand or rock salt; just a strong beam to hang from.

:)

That might be the only option open for me depending on how insulated this garage is gonna be, because my fiancee would object bringing that thing in and out of the house all the time.

BTW, I'm talking about the Wavemaster XXL. As a bag, they're more durable than the regular Wavemaster. I live in Los Angeles & fill mine with water & keep it in the backyard year round. I have that option, because of where I live. I realize not everyone has that option. I hope you can find a solution that works for your situation.

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton