Wanting to open a dojo

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, very nice! Comes with a sign too...good thing a dojo was there before!

Being on the corner, imho, is the best because you're either the first business or the last business seen, and you're not lost in between a sea of other businesses, like the Mexico restaurant, who might be overlooked because of that. Being on the corner, did you have to pay more monthly/annually??

Nice bright yellow sign...big letters! If I may suggest, and it's worked for me, contact Century MA Supply out of Oklahoma City, OK to purchase front door/window decorations at a reasonable price. Anything to draw the eyes to you. Remember, consumers are quite visual!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Being on the corner, imho, is the best because you're either the first business or the last business seen, and you're not lost in between a sea of other businesses, like the Mexico restaurant, who might be overlooked because of that. Being on the corner, did you have to pay more monthly/annually??

Nice bright yellow sign...big letters! If I may suggest, and it's worked for me, contact Century MA Supply out of Oklahoma City, OK to purchase front door/window decorations at a reasonable price. Anything to draw the eyes to you. Remember, consumers are quite visual!!

Thanks. I use century martial arts for things actually, I'll keep that in mind for sure.

As for price, I don't know what others are paying in that lot so it's hard to say if I'm getting a good deal. The good deal for me was the rent that slowly scales up to asking price on a 3 year lease. I looked around and the price was comparable for size, but in my opinion it was a btetter location then a lot of them for the same price. I agree about the corner spot, happy about that. The big yellow karate sign, man I couldn't complain if I wanted too.

I was stressed about how to teach at the rec center and teach at this new location at the same time. Well, I made a deal with a black belt Jiu Jitsu instructor to teach at the new school while I am at the rec center teaching, then I'll get back and finish with some karate. I was stressed because I did not want to have to only be open a few small hours while I was down there teaching, now my business can be open and be productive.

Things working out, well, I'm not going to lie I'm making them work out haha. A lot of work :)

Hustle and hard work are a substitute for talent!

Thanks. I use century martial arts for things actually, I'll keep that in mind for sure.

As for price, I don't know what others are paying in that lot so it's hard to say if I'm getting a good deal. The good deal for me was the rent that slowly scales up to asking price on a 3 year lease. I looked around and the price was comparable for size, but in my opinion it was a btetter location then a lot of them for the same price. I agree about the corner spot, happy about that. The big yellow karate sign, man I couldn't complain if I wanted too.

I was stressed about how to teach at the rec center and teach at this new location at the same time. Well, I made a deal with a black belt Jiu Jitsu instructor to teach at the new school while I am at the rec center teaching, then I'll get back and finish with some karate. I was stressed because I did not want to have to only be open a few small hours while I was down there teaching, now my business can be open and be productive.

Things working out, well, I'm not going to lie I'm making them work out haha. A lot of work :)

Everything sounds GREAT...way to go!!

:D

Thank you guys. I think it will be cool to upload pictures of the completed product. I'm going to be light on the equipment side but I just mean as far as what it looks like with the walls the flooring and anything else I can afford at the moment. Stay tuned!

Thank you guys. I think it will be cool to upload pictures of the completed product. I'm going to be light on the equipment side but I just mean as far as what it looks like with the walls the flooring and anything else I can afford at the moment. Stay tuned!

Cool; looking forward to viewing them!!

:D

• 5 weeks later...

Check it out guys. Been working hard to get things ready. I have a background in different arts so it was a decision to make what type of vibe I wanted to give off with colors and design. Rather then going with a very bright blue and red sporty look, I chose to go with a bit of a flat and hopefully more traditional look. I have some Japanese scrolls on the wall which stand for integrity, honor, respect. If you notice the black wall, that was a last-minute development. It is actually chalkboard paint. I intend to put class notes and announcements on it. Seems like a neat idea. I found a guy to make me some custom benches and he is working on them, the barter system LOL, letting his kids train for free for a while to pay for the benches. I really couldn't be happier or more excited. Check it out.

Luthers Studio

https://youtu.be/4My8kRkUBKQ