• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Christmas Movies

Patrick

What are the movies you watch every year?

We watched Home Alone last night, with Home Alone 2, Die Hard and Christmas Vacation on tap. I know tallgeese is a strong believer in Die Hard as a Christmas movie. :D

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

We turn A Christmas Story on at random points throughout the day. We never watch it beginning to end, but we always seem to catch all of it in pieces-parts over the course of the 24 hours.

When I was little it mine and my sisters' tradition to watch Santa and the Three Bears on Christmas Eve. Recently we've rekindled that by finding it on You Tube.

I also have to watch The Santa Clause and Miracle on 34th street (the newer one with Mara Wilson) every Christmas.

What are you saying Patrick, 'Die Hard' is a Christmas movie!!

As I read online the other day:

"Its not Christmas until I see Hans Gruber fall of the Nakatomi building!"

In my house, (in this order) its Christmas when 'The Muppet Christmas Carol', 'Polar Express', 'The Grinch' have been watched!

Then its officially Christmas!

Christmas day is only complete once a James Bond movie and repeats of the 'Morecome and Wise', 'Only Fools and Horses' and 'Bottom' Christmas specials have been watched!

;-)

“A human life gains luster and strength only when it is polished and tempered.”

Sosai Masutatsu Oyama (1923 - 1994) Founder of Kyokushin Karate.

What are the movies you watch every year?

We watched Home Alone last night, with Home Alone 2, Die Hard and Christmas Vacation on tap. I know tallgeese is a strong believer in Die Hard as a Christmas movie. :D

Yes. Yes I am :lol:

So, yes. I watch Die Hard every year. Followed at some point by Lethal Weapon. The only other one that I do every year is A Christmas Story. As often as it runs it's impossible not to...and I'm fine with that. If i get the choice I aways go for Christmas Vacation as well.

The Grinch Stole Christmas...Jim Carrey

Play it every Christmas!!

We've about 3 others that we watch as well, but the Grinch with Carrey, that tops the list.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Not sure it qualifies as a Christmas movie as such but, it's always on the TV at Christmas, so I'll include it. Oliver! with Oliver Reed as Bill Sykes. I have it on the telly when doing the holiday cleaning, I feel I'm never truly in the Christmas spirit until I've watched this. But if we're talking proper Christmas movies then it's Scroodged with Bill Murray or Home Alone for me! :lol:

Mo.

Be water, my friend.

The first one is a must, and has been a tradition for as long as I can remember:

Charlie Brown Christmas

A Christmas Story

Christmas Vacation

Jingle all the Way

A Christmas Carol

I have to watch all of those at least once or I don't consider it Christmas!! :D

Seek Perfection of Character

Be Faithful

Endeavor

Respect others

Refrain from violent behavior.

What are you saying Patrick, 'Die Hard' is a Christmas movie!!

As I read online the other day:

"Its not Christmas until I see Hans Gruber fall of the Nakatomi building!"

In my house, (in this order) its Christmas when 'The Muppet Christmas Carol', 'Polar Express', 'The Grinch' have been watched!

Then its officially Christmas!

Christmas day is only complete once a James Bond movie and repeats of the 'Morecome and Wise', 'Only Fools and Horses' and 'Bottom' Christmas specials have been watched!

;-)

I almost put Die Hard, but I don't usually catch it during the season! Glad to see someone else considers it a Christmas movie!

Seek Perfection of Character

Be Faithful

Endeavor

Respect others

Refrain from violent behavior.

Home Alone 2 knocked out last night. Hopefully Die Hard tonight and then Christmas Vacation on Christmas Eve. :)

• 4 months later...

The other half has the Hallmark channel on non-stop.

"Those who know don't talk. Those who talk don't know." ~ Lao-tzu, Tao Te Ching

"Walk a single path, becoming neither cocky with victory nor broken with defeat, without forgetting caution when all is quiet or becoming frightened when danger threatens." ~ Jigaro Kano