• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Identify this bo form?

skullsplitter

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I think he said Shushi No Kon. If not, it looks like one of the many different versions of Shushi No Kon, but I haven't seen it performed exactly like that before. Not sure if he said Sho or Bo after Shushi No Kon (Kon is pronounced coon).

A little too fast and dramatic for my taste, but quite good nonetheless.

There are definitely aspects of it that remind me of Shuji no Kon, but it's filled with all kinds of extra stuff. I'm guessing he (or his instructor) modified it for competition purposes, if it was supposed to be Shuji no Kon.

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

I'm of the opinion that this is a made up Bo Kata! It has elements of different Bo Kata's mixed together. I might be wrong, but for now, I'd say this is a made up Bo Kata for sport competition. I've played the part in the video where the name's mentioned over and over and over, but I've only got the word "Bo", but I don't know more than that. Driving me crazy, the name that is!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Looks like a very heavily modified version of Nishiuchi's Shushi No Kon...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=STtxUDYjK74

Full speed is at about 2:30. Do I need to say which one's better?

If you're going to do a kata fast, with full power, and loud, at least do it like the late, great William Oliver did Kanku...

Never gets old. A legend in the truest sense of the word. According to everyone I know that trained with him, that's how he did everything - with intent, heart and soul.