• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

JKA - Shotokan

KaratePractitioner

I disagree with your disagreement, Bob! ;) Can I do that? Anyway, I think that if the training is effective, then it will make the practitioner effective. Being talented and being effective aren't always the same thing, but a talented individual can make up for a lack of effective training with an elevated talent and skill level. But for those of us that don't possess that kind of talent and skill level, effective training will make for an effective practitioner.

I hope that makes sense.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I disagree with your disagreement, Bob! ;) Can I do that? Anyway, I think that if the training is effective, then it will make the practitioner effective. Being talented and being effective aren't always the same thing, but a talented individual can make up for a lack of effective training with an elevated talent and skill level. But for those of us that don't possess that kind of talent and skill level, effective training will make for an effective practitioner.

I hope that makes sense.

You're allowed that...to disagree with me!! :P

I still stand by what I believe! TKD being effective, and it is, that's why you've stayed with it and learned a lot from it. Shindokan being effective, and it is, that's why I've stayed with it and learned a lot from it.

HOWEVER, with Shindokan being effective, yet it's not being effective when called upon, then the fault is MINE! Same with TKD, it being effective when called upon, and something within TKD isn't effective when executed by yourself, then you're at fault...NOT THE STYLE!! If I execute something from Shindokan, and I'm not effective with it, then it's not my Soke's fault and it's not my Dai-Soke's fault...IT'S MY FAULT!! They've proven the effectiveness of Shindokan unquestionably!!

I make the effectiveness ineffective by my incompetence!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

My line of thinking here is that there is more than one way to teach TKD. A purely sport approach might not be very effective for someone that isn't naturally gifted as an athlete. So, that training might not be effective for everyone.

My line of thinking here is that there is more than one way to teach TKD. A purely sport approach might not be very effective for someone that isn't naturally gifted as an athlete. So, that training might not be effective for everyone.

Nothing is effective for every single person. If there was one universally effective method, there'd only be one art being taught at every dojo, the same exact way to every student.

Nothing is effective for every single person. If there was one universally effective method, there'd only be one art being taught at every dojo, the same exact way to every student.

I agree with you here.

I agree with you here.

I, too, agree!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• 2 weeks later...

OSU!!!!

I am a shotokan karateka with the ISKF, we were once part of the JKA, but who wasn't lol. Shotokan as a style is fantastic in my opinion the kata is explosive and dynamic. It will push you athletically and mentally. Coming from Ueichi may be a little different at first , a good friend and sempai came from jundokan Goju and he had a little trouble at first with some of the stances but you can adapt. I think what you bring would be an absolutely wonderful addition to Shotokan. In regards to JKA I was never part of the main org but from what I understand polotics in the operative word. If you just want to train shotokan I say go for it but as you rise in rank you will see more of the political stuff. As a shotokan karateka I welcome you t the family and I would love to train with you one day.

OSU!!!