• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

i love the history, i love the legends and i love the myths. i think the most fun part is sorting the little truth from the big pile of legend.

one of the things that makes it a little bit more difficult is that much of chinese history, myths and legends (as well as semi-religious figures and heroes of folklore) have been so mixed and jumbled that it is all taken to be true.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah like European and American history.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

sorry, american history?

there isn't actually that much of it, is there?

compared to the 4000 years of writing that there is for china and the however many thousands of years that there is for europe.

this is a slightly personal issue and i understand that i'll tread on a few toes here but most of the history of america belongs to the native indians that the settlers slaughtered. this is the real history of the country you live in which the american education system fails to see as being important enough to teach to children.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

Thank you, you hit on the truth which history really lacks. I'm glad you brought that up, thanks. Much of history from around the world is myth and legend to self glorify the respective country or culture, truth has very little to do with history.

or in the case of martial arts in china, add a level of magic and mystery.

in the past a system was considered to be inferior and not good if it didn't have some connection with the ancient orders.

for this reason there are stories of old monks on the run and magical apperances from the gods themselves to hand down a pair of knives and knife set...

Well everyone has their legends, the Chinese tend to like all the mysticism. They make great stories, but your right it's hard to find the truth amongst so much myth.

• 4 weeks later...

Self defence will preserve your looks. Win the fight first - posing is for the dancefloor.

>>>PS<<<

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Self-defense is only an illusion, a dark cloak beneath which lurks a razor-sharp dagger waiting to be plunged into the first unwary victim. Sifu Wong.