• advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aikido doesnt really have any fancy stuff, its all basic and useable. Aikido does not have any kicks, or fancy strikes. It depends really what you are in MA's for, for sport and entertainment or self defence.

Take Care.

I prefer the techniques that are quick, effective, realistic and practical. But ofcourse, fancy techniques are always fun to learn everynow and then, but probably won't help you out too much if they day every comes where you need to use it ;)

~BladeLee~

• 1 month later...

But the fancy moves involves forms, without forms you dont have attributes OR you´ll need to train a lot more, each fancy movement involves a technique, the base of the fancy movements is simple, they are just for training.

salute!

ok, now go listen to slayer!

But the fancy moves involves forms, without forms you dont have attributes OR you´ll need to train a lot more, each fancy movement involves a technique, the base of the fancy movements is simple, they are just for training.

salute!

There's a world of difference between doing a form to build technique and doing a flashy kick at head height that will get you hurt.

[quote="Kyle-san

There's a world of difference between doing a form to build technique and doing a flashy kick at head height that will get you hurt.

I agree, but i was just talking about the training system, you can´t apply form movements in a real fight, almost even a kick to the head, but if you can kick very hard to the head(in forms or training)...you´ll have good attributes to kick to the chest in a real fight.

sorry about my english ;)

• 2 weeks later...

The question is, how do you know what is affective and what is not? You might think you're technique is sound, only to find out that it is not.

Or your technique might be sound but your reflexes and mindset aren't all there.

Last time I got jumped, it was from behind no prior warning whatsoever. He had open shots to the back of my head, while I was at a sitting position. Turned right around and disabled him without even thinking about it, Ba Gua single Change of Palm, was all it took. He's lucky I didn't snap his neck like you are able to do from the single change of palm position because I wasn't even thinking just reacting.

Does your art adequetely train in you in coping with that rush of adrenaline that rushes into your system at times like that?

I own you.

What ive meant is that the forms build reflexes that you can apply however you want and in any situation, as not exactly like the form is..

For example.. im a Wing Chun practicioner, and in the forms we learn to keep our centerline in guard...but after you incorpored the forms you can do it without keeping the form stances ...

a lot of peoples think that the Kung Fu involves flashy movements in a real fight.. but thats not true... the flashy movements are just for training when youre alone.. thats the form for.

salu22222222222

a lot of peoples think that the Kung Fu involves flashy movements in a real fight.. but thats not true... the flashy movements are just for training when youre alone.. thats the form for.

The problem is that, like with anything, if you practice those flash moves enough they come to you naturally when you need them. What happens if you're in a fight situation, use some flash and get hurt as a result?

The point you made about Wing Chun was excellent.